Chapter 9

Okay so long time no see, sorry. I honestly have no excuse as i've had the first several chapters of book 2 written since before Endgame came out and that's a whole other story sooo... anyways, in this chapter we see start to see some characters from Agents of SHIELD, don't worry if you haven't seen it, you'll understand. There will be some spoilers here and there for later seasons of AOS. Also I've a few details and stuff about the show to better fit my story so if you see something that isn't in the show or is different from the timeline, that's why.

She remembered blacking out. When she awoke, the concrete like wrap crumbled around her, she tripped slightly before catching her balance. She must not have been out for too long considering everyone was still in the same place, Peter with the same look.

"No. Freaking. Way." she muttered.

"So- so does this mean you have powers now?" Ned asked.

"I have no idea. I didn't expect anything to actually happen!" she explained, looking at the debris around her. She learned down and picked some up, it crumbled in her hand. She looked up at Peter hopelessly.

"I guess we have to call Mr. Stark now..."

~~~

Helen Cho was kind and professional as she and her team took blood and ran tests. Tony paced outside the lab due to Cho kicking him out. Of course this was the most probable superhero backstory he could think of. A bunch of teenagers making stupid decisions and taking pills they didn't need. Of course, they knew the possible outcome but he knows none of them actually expected anything to happen.

When Peyton had arrived at the tower she had been a tidal wave of apologies, calling herself stupid and other variants of the word that Tony didn't think belonged tied to either of his children. She wasn't as excited as you would expect a teenager to be after finding out they might have superpowers. In fact, she looked scared. Tony had waved her off, assuring her he wasn't angry, and promising they'd figure things out. Then he called Helen out. He wished Bruce had been there, he trusted the Doctor a lot more, but Helen Cho was a professional and, while not as trustworthy as Bruce, still very trustworthy.

Peyton slid off of the table she had been sitting on when the woman finally told her they were done. Peter gave her a light smile as she walked out of the lab and over to the two males.

"How you feeling?" Tony asked. She shrugged.

"I don't know. Fine. Normal." she said, hugging herself. Tony couldn't understand why she seemed so frightened about the whole situation. Sure, he was scared to hell, but she shouldn't be. What did she have to be afraid of?

"It'll be fine, Peyton." Peter promised her. She nodded but didn't reply. Helen Cho walked out of the lab, a file in her hands.

"There's not much too say, it was the expected result. The inhuman gene seems to have... unlocked. I can't tell you what type of powers she'll have, that's something that will reveal itself sooner rather than later. My suggestion would be to get into contact with the newly rebuilt SHIELD, after all, their director is an inhuman." she said, handing the manilla folder to the billionaire. He didn't take it.

"Uh, I have a thing about being handed things..." he said. Peyton sighed, snatching it from her hands and flipping through it.

"You're hopeless, Stark." she looked over the contents "This is unbelievable." she muttered.

"Good luck, Peyton. My team and I have to run, we have another appointment." with that the woman left the three Stark's alone. Peyton looked up at her new found father.