Chapter 5

I'm sorry in advance...

            Tony had been in the lab

            Tony had been in the lab. Pepper had been upstairs going through wedding magazines. Peyton had been on her old computer sifting through her mother's classmates. Peter had been on patrol. The man had been drunk as he drove straight into May's car. She died on impact.

"Sir, Peter Parker is calling, I strongly suggest you answer." Friday said. Tony sighed, putting down his tools and picked up his phone.

"What's up, underoos?" he asked.

"Mr. Stark, May, she- she's gone." he sobbed into the phone. He had stood up the second he heard Peter's shaky voice.

"What do you mean, kiddo? What happened?" he asked, rushing up stairs.

"They- they hit her- she's dead, oh my God." he cried.

"Okay, okay, where are you?" he asked.

"H-ome." he said.

"Peyton?"

"With me."

"Okay, sit tight, I'm on my way."

~~~

Peyton and Peter sat on Tony's couch, silent tears rolling down their faces, her head was on his shoulder and his head was on top of hers. Tony and Pepper were standing on the other side of the room discussing things in quiet voices.

"I'll pick up some adoption papers... I really think you should tell them, especially now that they'll be living here." she said.

"Can we talk about this later, Pep? Right now we need to figure out what to do with them." he said.

"Well, you already have a room for Peter. Peyton can have a guest room and she can design it herself. We'll get the paperwork in, we'll get a social worker in to go ahead and look things over and considering you're a famous superhero we can probably get the adoption process sped up. It'll be fine, Tony." she said. He nodded and ran a hand through his hair. He looked over at the two teenagers.