Chapter 19

Peyton weaved her way through the asgardians and made her way towards the mansion she knew Thor was staying in. New Asgard appeared to be like any big city, bustling with people in casual clothing, talking on phones, wrangling children. Peyton knew who they really were though, and seeing them act so normal was always the funniest thing ever.

She arrived at the new place Thor was calling home and typed in the code to get in. The place was large, too large for someone who lived alone for the most part, but it's what he had grown up with she supposed.

"Thor?!" she called, looking around. After a moment the blonde came around and smiled upon seeing her.

"Peyton! How are you?" he asked. She gave him a small smile.

"I'm okay. I'll be better really really soon, though."

"Oh? Is that why you're here?" he asked warily.

"Yes, I need your help." she replied. He nodded and led her to the library.

"What can I do for you?" he asked.

"So for the past few months I've been working with Wong to find a solution to reverse the snap and I think we've finally had a breakthrough." she said. Thor looked at her, intrigued.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Time Travel. This won't only reverse the snap, but it will stop any deaths from the time from ever happening, we could save Loki." she said. Thor perked up and smiled.

"Okay, what do you need from me?" he asked. She slid a file across the table to him.

"A Monolith, a very specific one. They were created by the Kree and there's one that will take me back to the Battle of New York. It's further back then I would like but it's the closest one." she said.

"And how will you get back?" Thor asked.

"A second monolith that I'll find when I go back, it'll take me to next year so- again- not as close as I would like, but it's the best I've got."

"Stark won't like that."

"He will if he wants both of his children back.... So, can you get it?" she asked. Thor nodded.

"I have a friend I can speak too. I'll have it here by next week."

~~~

When Peyton went home that evening she didn't expect her father to be there waiting on her with arms crossed and raised eyebrows. She chewed in her lower lip nervously.

"Everything alright?" she asked.

"Sit down." he said. She sat on the couch and he sat next to her.

"Peyton, what are you up to?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Meetings with Wong? A visit to New Asgard? You're up to something and I want to know." he said. She looked at her hands.

"How did you know?" she asked as she fiddled her thumbs.

"I know you've been lying about where you've been going so I pinged your phone." he said. She wanted to protest, tell him it was an invasion of her privacy, but she knew he meant well. He lost his son, he didn't want to lose his daughter too. She looked at her feet silently but Tony didn't say anything else, he just waited for her explanation.

"I've been trying to find a way to reverse the snap." she said. He sighed and ran his hands down his face.

"I figured... Peyton," he put his hands on her shoulders "I know it's hard, but there's nothing we can do, I tried, believe me, but it's irreversible." she shook her head and pushed his hands away.

"No, it's not! We haven't tried everything yet. Wong and I actually have a pretty good idea right now." she said.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Time travel." she said. Tony frowned sadly at her.

"Peyton ti-"

"No, I know what you're gonna say but I actually found a way. The Kree created these things called monoliths and-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, the the Kree? As in the aliens that created inhumans and now want them all dead? Have you forgotten that you're an inhuman?" he asked. Peyton huffed.

"No, I haven't. Thor will handle that part. I won't have any interactions with the Kree... Besides, I hardly think they will mess with me considering my friendship with Thor." she said.

"I don't think they really care about who your friends with and in any case what will you do once you have this?" he asked.

"It will take me back to the attack on New York and i'll go from there. I've gathered information on what happens and where all the stone are, all I have to do is tell people and change the outcome." she said.

"No. No way. That's way too dangerous. That puts you right at the heart of all the trouble. No." he said.

"What?! I have too! It's the only way to save Peter!" she exclaimed.

"Okay, it's a good idea but I don't want you anywhere near it. Someone else can do it." he said.

"No one knows this plan like I do. Ever since the idea of time travel has come up i've been planning and scheming. Plus I'm the only one that no one knows at the time of New York and Ultron. None of the Avengers can go because there can't be two of you and Wong won't do it. I also have to talk to the guardians so neither can Nebula." she rambled.

"Then we'll find someone else to do it." he said.

"No one else can! I am the only one. I know this plan inside and out I have back up plan after back up plan after back up plan, I've learned and studied about everything that happens. I have to save Peter." she was almost in tears.

"Peyton, I know you miss him, I do too, but I can't lose you too. You can't do it and that's final." he said. She shook her head and wiped at her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I know where you're coming from but I have to do this." she rushed into her room, grabbed the bag she had prepared, and rushed out of the house, ignoring Tony's cries of protest.

~~~

"Back so soon?" Thor asked when she came in.

"Yeah. I hate to ask this of you, but can you get the monolith sooner? I have to go as soon as possible, before Dad can stop me." she said. Thor nodded.

"I will leave in an hour, you can stay here until I get back."

"Thank you."

"Peyton, are you sure you want to do this?" he asked. She nodded.

"I'm going to save my brother." she pulled out her phone and began to dial a number.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I have to make a few phone calls, there's still some things that I need."