Reunited, or Further Parted?

Start from the beginning

Well, wasn't that statement just as familiar as the voice. Following the source, you heard another voice retort, "For how much longer? One more rip, and Andy's done with me. And what do I do then, Buzz? Huh? You tell me."

Your heart soared when you heard both Woody's and Buzz's voices. You ran closer to the source and stopped, peeking around the corner. However, your excitement quickly faded when you saw their challenging glares.

"Somewhere in that pad of stuffing is a toy who taught me that life's only worth living if you're being loved by a kid." Buzz said solemnly, a tinge of disbelief noticeable. "And I travelled all this way to rescue that toy....because I believed him."

"Well, you wasted your time." Woody spat.

Buzz gave him a firm glare, his frustrated expression tightening as he swiftly turned on his heels to face Andy's toys. "Let's go, everyone."

"What about Woody?" One of them asked as you slowly approached the end of the vent.

"He's not coming with us." Buzz replied quietly.

"Woody's not coming home?" You asked sadly, making your presence known as you stood at the very end of the vent. Your hand gently rested on the wall as you look on with a confused frown.

"(Y/N)!?" All of Andy's toys, including Woody, asked in unison, expressing utter shock and bewildered amazement.

"How did you get here?" Buzz asked you. "Are you hurt or anything?"

"I'm fine, but that's all beside the point." You replied, turning your gaze over to Woody. "What do you mean Woody isn't coming back home?"

Since you were looking at the cowboy, you failed to notice the Space Ranger's face tighten back up with distaste. "He'd rather go to a museum and watch kids for the rest of his life behind glass than be played with. He insists on going to Japan with these other toys."

You looked over at the toys Buzz motioned to, the cowgirl and the brown horse that stood beside a prospector still mint in his box. They all looked on with expressions of conflicted emotions, from worried to confused to curious. Regardless, they looked on at the oncoming conversation as if their lives depended on it.

Looking back at Woody with heartbroken disbelief, you quietly asked him, "But what about everything that happened? What about Andy? Your friends, your family?" You corrected yourself on the last example.

"(Y/N), I just can't." Woody sighed sadly. "You'll understand this more than anyone. These guys need me to get into this museum. Without me, they'll go back into storage, maybe forever!"

"Woody, you don't understand this completely, though!"

"Don't you remember how scared your past has made you? How terrified you are of the dark? Of going back into the boxes and going to the next kid?" Woody asked you, and you knew he wasn't using this against you. It was simply a factual example, nothing more.

"Yes, but that's not all correct!" You argued.

"But you told me you spent most of your life in boxes and darkness!" Woody claimed.

"Exactly! I said most of my life, not all." You began to feel frustrated as this continued. "You want to know what I originally started with? Before I started to be thrown into boxes and eternal darkness, I was mounted on a shelf as a trophy! Never removed from my box, never even looked at. All alone constantly and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't move, only look on." Your fists clenched in frustration as you felt like breaking down.

"(Y/N), why didn't you ever tell me?" Woody asked you with immense worry.

"Do you think I wanted to? Does it look like it's easy for me to talk about it and relive one of my greatest fears!?" You snapped with disheartened anger as you began to tremble. Even you were unsure whether that was because of your building frustration or your returning fear.