I exhaled as I watched him turn around and walk to the door. I turned too and headed to the small stairs. Taking a step after the other, till I heard the door close gently. I had no idea the door was that far from the bed.

I took my phone out of my pocket before I sat down gently in my spring bed, pulling off my yeezys lazily with each leg and then kicking them aside. I literally had no network. I guess the first thing I needed was a Nigerian SIM card. I turned on my WiFi anyway. There had to be WiFi around the house and there it was...

A WIFI signal.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

And there came my notifications. A frown spread across my face. It had only been a few hours and still my messages were crowded. God, I shut my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath.

New home, new life, and probably a new phone.

I scoffed, scrolling through my messages, looking for her name. I didn't have to look for long since I already pinned it right on the top of my conversation list. Kora with the red heart shaped emoji. I had no idea why I even did that, but if felt— okay.

I wondered how she was doing. It had been a while since we had any conversations at all. She hadn't even opened my last message. Ever since she told me about her break up with Luke, it had been so impossible to reach her.

I wonder where she was, and what she was doing.
I didn't even get a chance to tell her I was home. I puffed enough air in my cheeks and then puffed out right after I heard a tiny knock on my door. I dropped my phone quickly as the door opened before I had given my consent. One of the maids rushed in with a first aid box. I heard the door shut again. This time, a woman was hurrying behind the maid. It was the same woman that had rushed down the stairs with Christian earlier.

Natalie Ozor.

Christian's wife and the daughter of the Minister of the federal capital territory. That was quite a mouthful. Even though I wasn't present at the wedding, seven months ago, I heard everyone talked about it for six days straight, the diaspora included. It was the wedding of the century.  She was even more beautiful in person, and had the most amazing eyes I had ever seen. Her skin shimmered in the sun and her red lipstick adored her upturned lips. They complimented themselves perfectly, and looked too good on the cover of all the magazines they graced. She looked too good and comfortable for a victim of an arranged marriage.

I watched the maid drop the box on a stool right beside my bed and then excuse herself, while Natalie sat down right beside me, opening the box. I narrowed my gaze on her as I watched her search the box slowly.

What was she doing? Why was she there and what was she looking for?

"I know I should have let the maids do this themselves," she said still looking into the box, "But I wanted to be the one to do it."

She reached for a bottle of Antiseptic and then grabbed a ball of cotton wool with a metal scissors. She dipped the wool into the antiseptic and turned to face me.

"I'm very good at this, trust me." She pushed herself closer to me, pushing the scissors slowly to the bruise on my nose that must have appeared as an effect of Christian's punch. "I'm a doctor you know-"

I hurriedly grabbed her by her wrist, stopping her from pushing it closer to my face, my eyes glaring into hers. What did she think she was trying to do?

She exhaled warmly.

"Emmanuel said you were going to resist." She told me, a tiny smile appearing on her face as her cheeks became rosy. "He said you hated it when people touched your face. You never let anyone touch your face."