| T. Muichiro x Reader | Partners [2/4]

Start from the beginning

"It is a rather distant city. The two of you will need to travel through train once and the rest on foot for a period of two days. All instructions are written and placed in the envelope."

That was perhaps the longest explanation of a mission I have ever heard from him.

Finishing his sentence, Oyakata-Sama placed the map in said-envelope and handed it to Muichiro who took it with a bow.

"I wish the two of you the best of luck."

"Thank you, sir."

"We will not fail, Master."

As we made our way out I looked back, the man was smiling at me.

I returned it of course.

The door closed behind us and immediately I caught the little pebble before it hit me, twirling it in between my fingers I smiled at Muichiro before tossing it back to him. Putting the thing away the boy huffed and was already walking away, "I really can't believe you."

"I wouldn't say I had disrespected the man in any way," I dismissed, jogging to catch up with him.

"Well, I would."

I rolled my eyes, "Well, you're not Master the last time I checked. And really, has it ever occurred to you that the man would like to be treated as more of a fellow human being?"

Muichiro stayed silent, walking just a bit faster now.

I giggled behind him and the boy swiftly turned to face me but the annoyance had left his face and was quickly replaced by shock before reverting to its neutrality. "Come on, let's seen what in this thing," he sighed and opened the envelope.

I nodded and looked down past his shoulders as he took out the contents inside. The map from before, instructions, some money (my eyes gleamed once I saw them) two train tickets, and two show tickets.

"Show tickets?"

"Let's just read the instructions."

I skimmed over the varies stops we could make and read up on the demon.

"The demon will set up a performance, during the final act it will attack the audience. One must evacuate all citizens within..."

I skipped.

"-the demon has multiple bodies. It is only necessary to behead the central one.

"The other bodies are significantly weaker."

At least it was going to be obvious which one that would be.

Muichiro, done with reading the full page somehow, folded the paper and puts it away, "Come on, let's get to the town, the train leaves at dusk."

"Hey! I didn't read the whole thing!"

"Well even if you did you wouldn't be much of help."

Well, I couldn't really argue against that.

• • •

| • Muichiro • |

I had done whatever I could to lose myself in daydreams as we walked through the forest on our way to the train station. But as soon as my mind would start to wonder [L/N] would speak and I would be pulled back again, my heart beating too fast for comfort and my body too tense. Worst part was, even though I would focus on her, somehow, I could never hear what she says. Even if I try for whatever reason, I just couldn't seem to catch it.

"There's no need to make eye contact if you're not going to answer my question you know. And if you are, at least try to tell me something through it."

|| Demon Slayer x Reader Oneshots ||On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara