Chapter 3 - Friend

Start from the beginning

I love our family dinners, all of sitting down together talking about our days and listening to one another. I'm so thankful I have parents that have always been so open and trusting in me to not keep secrets and keep me up to date with what's going on in their world.

"Do you and uncle Austin need any help at the garage?" I ask my mother with a hopeful smile.

"You know we can always use your help." She nods.

"Oh, I wasn't asking for me, I'm asking for a friend of mine." I begin. "He's really great with cars and he's been looking for a job for a while now, I thought maybe you could take him under your wing and help him out."

"I don't see why we couldn't, I mean I'd have to look into it a little more and speak with Austin of course but I'm sure he'd be thankful for the help as well."

"Thank you!" I almost yell with happiness

"Do we know him?" My father asks.

"My friend?"

"Yes sweetheart, your friend."

"Uh, N-no you don't know him." I shake my head. "His name is Zayd."

"Zayd." My father thinks out loud "Didn't Frankie have a son called Zayd?" He asks my mother.

"Yeah, he did now that you mention it. I miss Frankie, I haven't seen him in years" She continues eating.

"I already told you, you don't know him." I laugh nervously.

"Okay." My mother interrupts. "Let me speak to uncle Austin tomorrow and then maybe you can get your friend to swing by and meet us."

"Sounds perfect." I smile.

Once dinner is finished, I make my way up to my room with my bag and unpack it, glad that I won't have to look at it again for another six weeks. When I finish, I take a shower and slip into my pajamas not planning on leaving the house again.

Sitting on the edge of my bed I take out my phone and scroll through my contacts 'Zay ♥' I couldn't help but laugh softly to myself because I had saved my name in this phone the exact same way Charlie ♥

Me: Thank you again for today. I spoke to my mom at dinner and she said she'll speak to Austin, but she thinks they may be able to offer you something if they like you.

Message from: Zay ♥ : You didn't waste any time did you? But thank-you, hopefully they'll like me, and you're welcome for today, anytime princess.

Princess, usually when I hear a man calling a girl princess I gag, but coming from Zay it's different somehow.

Me: Of course they'll like you, what's not to like?

Message from: Zay ♥ : You're sweet Charlie, but not everyone thinks the same way you do, most people take one look at me and all they see is trouble. They judge me on my looks before they even get to know me.

Me: By your looks are you referring to your tattoos?

Message from: Zay ♥ : Oh you noticed them?

Yes and they're sexy as hell....

Me: A little hard not to. But that's not something you need to worry about with my family. My father has as many tattoos as you and my brother has even more.

Message from: Zay ♥ : Really? More? Is that even possible LOL.

Me: He has like no room left on his body, he even got one under his eye much to my mother's disgust. She told him do whatever you want but please don't tattoo your face, so what does he do? He goes and does it the very next day.

Message from: Zay ♥ : Your family sound like a lot of fun.

Me: They are, and you'll get to meet them soon I'm sure.

Message from: Zay ♥ : I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to keep texting I'm about to hit an area with bad service.

Me: It's fine, I don't want to hold you up, I just wanted to tell you the good news. Enjoy your night. Goodnight x

Message from: Zay ♥ : Goodnight princess. x