11: Potato

salam, hello, hi, i know i am a week and a day late but i had writer's block and this chapter was hard to write plus it's super long like 4.2k words is a lot for me. I have a lot to tell you guys but i won't disturb you here please check my message board, i'll post a message there. i beg of you, go check xD

plus, @Leperksofbeingaloser made me a cover, lookie at it, isn't is amazing? she made me the cover like a month ago but i kept forgetting to post it. She's the best, tho. Go read her books and shower her with love :') 

cheers, 

don't forget to vote comment and follow bc it makes my day and encourages me a lot. 

i won't bother you more, happy reading!

11: Potato

Farrah is overwhelmed by the number of people present in the room. When she was called, she hadn’t expected so many people in there – she had just assumed that she’d be alone. Even when the nurse had invited her to the “party”, she had definitely not thought of a real party.

And as if that’s not enough, there actually is food on the counselor’s table. Three young adults stand behind it, smiling widely, just like the nurse.

Farrah wrinkles her nose; she hates crowds.

Being in a crowd makes her feel small. It shows her how big the world is, how there are so many people out there like her and she hates it because she has always aspired to be unique, different than anybody else. She wants people to think “I’ve never seen somebody like her in my whole life” - and in a good way - when they see her. She wants to shine the brightest of all. She wants to be the epitome of imperfection yet perfection – like the canvas that is painted at instinct, which makes no sense yet holds so much feeling.

But when she’s in a crowd, she feels as if someone has snatched away the dream from her and she feels so very small, like an ant would feel in a world of cockroaches.

And not only that – she hates the stench of perspiration in the air, the heat of everyone’s breath in the atmosphere. It makes her feel sick to the stomach, it makes her want to run away and never come back because the people are the walls and they are closing in to her, squeezing her between them.

Taking a deep breath, she tries to calm her racking nerves. Even her heart beat is tenfold, her palms sweaty. She rubs her temples and tells herself to calm them, convinces herself that she’s just being ”silly” because in reality, no one is out to destroy her and she has nothing to worry about.

To distract herself, she scans the room. She spots Harriet Franklin and Emma Walters in here. Not so surprising at all – considering that Harriet seems to have serious anger problems and Emma is too anti-social for her own good. Even now, she stands in a secluded corner.

She catches sight of many people – goofy Daemon, beautiful Raven, the photographer, Leah, the writer, Rohan. She is shocked to see them all here along with all others because they all seem so happy. And why her, too? She’s sure she looks perfectly okay in school. In fact, she is perfectly okay – she has nothing to be sad about, yet she is.

She doesn’t know – she doesn’t even make sense anymore.

The nurse clears her throat when the last person, Sara Teddlestone, makes her entrance. The counsellor, Mrs. Wayland smiles at the crowd surrounding her and taps the table two times for attention. The soft buzz of the teenagers quickly dies down as each one of them, including Farrah, quirks their ears to listen to what the woman has to say. Naturally, everyone is curious.