30-Fireworks part 2

(Unedited)

Yuzuki's POV:

I looked down at Laito's hands, noticing there was no fireworks in it.

"Where's the good shit?" I asked him, confused.

"I'm enough aren't I Shiro~"

He grabbed my hand and led me closer to the water, making the bottom of our yukatas wet.

"Let's dance~"

He put his right arm on my waist and my left one landed on his shoulder. He gently turned us as the waves crashed softly on our feet. He smiled down at me, covering the moonlight from my view. Humming came from his mouth and I felt his fingers tapping my waist as if he was playing the piano.

"It's been a while since we actually had time to play piano together." I said, humming with him.

"It really has Shiro. I remember the first time we did, you were the most vulnerable I've seen you."

I smiled thoughtfully at the memory. He was much more tolerable when it came to playing piano.

"Yeah, and you were less of a pervert when it came to our favorite instrument."

He frowned playfully and I giggled, placing my head on his chest. There was no heartbeat, only the rise and fall of his chest. We continued to dance and hum, enjoying the peaceful moment. He pulled away from me and I looked up at him questionably.

"Shiro, I really am grateful that you stayed by our side. You stayed, even with us acting like assholes."

"Lai-kun, where is this coming fro-"

He put his finger on my lip, silencing me.

"Shh, let me finish."

I nodded slowly as we stopped dancing, just staying in each others arms. Our gaze was on each other, not wavering.

"Before you came back, I didn't know what the true meaning of love was. I just thought the phrase 'I love you' was something that could get me easy sex. Hell, I've slept with more girls than I can count. But you were different. You scolded me on my definition on love and taught me so many things."

"Lai-kun, please don't say anymore." I begged, feeling myself getting emotional again.

"You told me that loving someone means you think of them all the time and you heart warms up. That's what happens with me when it comes to you. In my free time, all I can think about is you and not sexually. I think about keeping you to myself and loving you, showering you with gifts and kisses. My dead heart feels alive when I'm with you. I didn't know before but now I can say it confidently."

He pulled me closer, our noses touching as he sets his hands on my cheeks.

"I love you, Yuzuki Tsukinami."

The tears came back as they all fell down my cheek, Laito gently wiping them away with his thumbs.

"What's with you boys and your confessions today?" I chuckled sadly.

"I guess you could say we feel like it's the right time."

I cried harder as my heart ached at the thought of separating with the boy in front of me, the irony in his word hitting a little too hard.

"Choose me, Yuzuki."

I shook my head, not wanting to answer. He seemed to frown at my response but hugged me close, stroking my hair.

"I'll wait however long I need to. I just want to be able to love you by myself."

I gripped his green yukata and my tears stained it as he kissed the top of my head.