16-Blue skies and snow

(Unedited)

Yuzuki's POV:

*Dream*

I opened my eyes to find myself in my bedroom in the castle, the sun shining through the curtains. Carla stood next to me, icing my forehead.

"Carla. What happened?"

"Your clumsy self fell down the stairs." he sighed, but for some reason, I knew he was lying.

Deciding not to dig any further, I sat up slowly. Carla dropped the ice pack and helped me up. I groaned at the headache that was coming just from that action.

"Where is everybody?"

"Shin is in his room as usual and mother is in the library."

"I want to see mother!"

"Very well. Let us go."

He helped me out of bed and we walked out of my room, down the unfamiliar hallway. I looked at the random paintings at the wall when I came across one that had a person on it. He looked like Carla but older and with more wrinkles. Carla sneered at the picture before dragging me further down the hall until we stopped in front of a door. Opening it, I'm met with a lady who was wearing a blue dress, a shawl wrapped around her shoulders. She had strawberry blonde hair and tired-looking eyes, which turned to us when hearing the door open.

"Mother!"

"My angel. How are you?"

I ran to her open arms and she lifted me up, kissing my hair softly. I kissed her on the cheek as she held me, hugging me close.

"I'm great mother! I've made a new friend, his name is Azu-chan! And....I saw Edgar."

She seemed to notice how tense I was about the Edgar topic so she decided not to ask. She faced the young boy.

"Carla. How are you?"

"I am fine mother. How are you feeling?"

I looked up at the woman and she seemed to flinch at the mention of that question.

"I am feeling fine Carla." She said as she put me down.

I pouted and held onto her sleeve.

"Angel, I must talk to your father about something. I will see you guys later."

I nodded, letting go of her sleeve hesitantly. Carla grabbed my arm and gently pulled me through the door. We walked back to my room and he helped me back on the bed.

"Go back to sleep, Yuu-chan."

I nodded and closed my eyes, instantly falling into a deep sleep.

-A few hours later-

I woke up to see that it was dark, Carla gone. I sat up, looking at the full moon shining down on me before looking at the driveway to see the man I saw in the portrait earlier now walking towards a carriage.

"Father, where are you going?" I said to myself.

Growing curious, I changed into dark clothes and teleported outside as soon as he got in the carriage. I jumped and landed softly on the roof of the vehicle before sitting down, feeling it move. The scene quickly changed to see I was back in town except this place looked a bit sketchier than the marketplace. The carriage came to a halt and my father came out, walking into an obscure building. I followed behind him quietly when I heard it, the sound of children crying. I gasped, closing my eyes as I heard the sounds of whips and beatings all around me. I reopened my eyes to see father was no longer in front of me. I sniffed him out, following his trail before I came in front of a red door. Opening it as quietly as I could, my jaw dropped at the sight of my father holding a whip over a young blonde boy who was hunched over in the corner. Coming out of my hiding spot, I teleported in front of my father, covering the little boy with my body as the whip came down on my back. I cried out silently before standing up, facing the man.