27-Bonds

(Unedited)

Yuzuki's POV:

I sat there, cream running down my face as Kanato yelled at Azusa from above him, about to stab him with a fork. How did this happen again?

-30 minutes earlier-

I see Kanato sitting on the porch by himself talking to Teddy as he wore his usual casual clothings. I walked up to him, taking a seat next to the boy.

"Kana, aren't you hot?"

"OF COURSE I AM IDIOT!"

I flinched and narrowed my eyes at his little mood swing when Azusa came to sit next to me.

"Yuzu.....you should....head inside.....before you get......sick."

I squealed like a pig, bringing Azusa's head to my chest.

"OH MY GOSH YOU ARE SO CUTE AZU-CHAN!!"

He blushed and snuggled into my chest further, not ashamed of doing so. I heard Kanato growl next to me but I ignored him, cooing at the cinnamon roll next to me.

"Since you were so nice, I'll treat you to some ice cream! Do you want some?"

Azusa nodded slowly against me.

"WHY DOES HE GET ICE CREAM AND I DON'T?" Kanato yelled from beside me.

"Because you were being a dick earlier." I said frowning.

"YOU KNOW I LIKE SWEETS MORE THAN HE DOES ANYWAYS!"

"It's ok Yuzu..... he can come."

I pet his hair softly, smiling down at the little angel.

"Are you sure? You don't have to be nice to him!"

"STOP IGNORING ME!"

"I'm.....sure"

"Okay, if you insist Azu-chan." I turned and faced the red-faced child behind me. "You can come too I guess."

"DON'T SAY IT LIKE THAT."

I stood up and Azusa backed away slowly, holding my hand.

"C'mon Azu-chan! Let's go inside where it's much cooler."

He nodded and we went inside, the fuming Kanato following behind us silently. I went into the little kitchen I had made and sat down in a chair, Azusa next to me while Kanato sat across.

"What flavor would you like Azu-chan?"

"Anything....is fine.....I'll have.....what you're having."

"Ok, how about you Kana?"

"I want strawberry."

I nodded and whispered a few words, two bowls of mint chip and one bowl of strawberry ice cream appearing in front of us along with some napkins. I grabbed my bowl and ate a spoonful, closing my eyes in bliss as the cool dessert hit my tongue. Kanato was hacking at his ice cream like it was the last food on Earth while Azusa ate much more calmly.

"Calm down Kana. I can get you more if you want."

"SHUT UP!"

An irk mark appeared on my forehead. I slammed my spoon on the table, standing up.

"I REALLY DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR ATTITUDE RIGHT NOW YOUNG BOY!"

"YOUNG BOY?! I'M OLDER THAN YOU!"

"NOT MENTALLY YOU AREN'T!"

"Please.... calm down...." Azusa begged.

I took a deep breath and it took every nerve in my body not to beat up Kanato. I just sighed and used a napkin to wipe his face gently, my face softening.

"I don't want to fight Kana. Please stop acting like an asshole."

He frowned but nodded.

"Fine, I'm.....sorry."

I pat his head and threw away the napkin before sitting down again.

"Since you apologized, I'll bring in your favorite cake!"

Kanato's eyes started sparkling as cakes appeared in front of him out of thin air. He grabbed the nearest one, a Mont Blanc. He ate it happily, cream getting around his mouth again. I giggled at the cute sight and grabbed a chocolate one, handing it to Azusa.

"You want some Azu-chan?"

"I do..... but I want....you to feed me."

I nodded, not seeing the harm in it as I scooped some off with a fork and put it into his open mouth. He ate it happily, looking down at me with a glowing face. Suddenly, the table was flipped as Azusa was knocked to the floor. Kanato was now above him with his fork and I had cake running down my face.

-Present-

"HOW DARE YOU BE BOLD ENOUGH TO ASK HER TO FEED YOU WITH MY CAKE?! YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT I EVEN LET YOU HAVE A TASTE BASTARD. PREPARE TO DIE!"

I grabbed his arm and looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Kana, please calm down!" I begged.

"WHY? WHY DO YOU DEFEND HIM?"

"Because he is my friend just like you are! I don't want you to hurt him! You don't want to see me sad do you?"

He froze and seemed to understand as he growled at the boy underneath him but slowly got off. I sighed a breath of relief as I hugged the purple-haired boy in front of me.

"Thank you Kana. Now smile!"

I pulled away a bit so I could grab his cheeks and force them upwards. I let go and his cheeks returned back into a frown.

"Kana, when you smile, I always think you're the prettiest, so please! Even Teddy agrees!"

He seemed to like what I had to say as his shoulders seemed to relax and he put on a small smile. He really was cute like this when he wasn't trying to murder people and make them into creepy dolls. I squealed and pulled him close to me again.

"You really are cute like this Kana." I mumbled into his chest.

He nodded against my head and hugged me tighter. He let me go and I turned to face Azusa, who was standing off to the side awkwardly.

"Azu-chan! I want you to smile too!"

He smiled much more easier than Kanato did and I squealed at the two cute boys next to me. Grabbing their hands, I forced them together into a handshake.

"While I'm here, I'll make sure you guys are always smiling so please get along. I don't like seeing you guys fight."

"I believe.....what Yuzu....says."

"Fine, but there's no promise to when you're not around."

I flinched at his words and the two boys seemed to notice. They were about to ask something but I stopped them.

"Ok, that's fine. Like I said, I just want you guys to get along. You guys should go to the beach while it's still daytime, the water feels great and it's much cooler now."

They nodded and walked out the door, both of them not saying a word. As they became dots in the distance, two new boys came into my view, both wearing aprons.

"Ah, Yuzuki." Ruki said, wearing a pink frilly apron.

"Would you like to help us make dinner?" Reiji asked, wearing a purple one with cats on it.

I looked at the clock noticing it was almost 3:57.

"Sure!" I said, grinning.

Only 7 hours and 3 minutes left.