8-Words can hurt

(Unedited)

Yuzuki's POV:

Subaru and I walked into the classroom, already seeing Yuma sitting in the seat he sat in last class. We took the seats behind him, Subaru scooted his table next to mine as usual.

"Yo, Nezumi."

"As long as you keep calling me that stupid nickname, I'll keep calling you stupid Giant. Be like Suba here and give me a cute name. Right, Suba?"

He didn't say anything, just continued to stare a hole into Yuma's forehead.

"What're you staring at haah?"

Subaru turned away from Yuma, and pulled me to him, suddenly kissing me. I let out a tiny squeak, trying to push him away but he growled, biting my bottom lip lightly as a warning.

"Get away from her you!"

Subaru pulled away, licking his lips before turning to Yuma with a grin. I was red, surprised he would even kiss me in public.

"STOP ACTING COCKY SUBA!"

He didn't listen and continued to grin at an angry Yuma. Suddenly, Yuma stopped his scowling and grinned at a now confused Subaru.

"What?"

"Well S U B A, you can act cocky now, but Nezumi here promised to let us drink her blood."

"WAS IT NECESSARY TO MENTION THAT? YOU REALLY ARE A STUPID GIANT."

Subaru growled, grabbing my hand.

"We're leaving."

He pulled me through the door and I panicked, using my magic and summoning my bag into my hand. Zipper flew off my shoulder but I just smiled at him.

"Go have fun Zipper. We'll meet later."

He seemed to understand what I said and flew through the open window. We arrived at the roof and he slammed me against the fence, caging me in with his arms.

"Is what he said true?!"

I sighed, already knowing he was about to go off.

"Yes, Suba. It's true."

He punched his fist into the fence next to me but I didn't flinch.

"Why?! Why would you let people like them...."

I stroked his cheek in order to calm him down.

"Suba. I needed to do what I needed to keep Yui safe. You know she can't protect herself."

"Couldn't you do that spell shit you usually do..."

"Don't you remember what your father said, Suba? They were a part of my past too so I want to at least put in an effort to try and remember them. It's not fair if I didn't give them a chance."

"But..."

"Suba, I was so happy when I was able to remember you and your brothers. I want to have that with the Mukami's, even if they are assholes. So far, I've only been able to remember a little bit of time with Azusa."

He nodded slowly and pulled me into his arms.

"I won't let them steal your heart."

He bit into my neck and I flinched from the sudden pain.

"I feel like it's been so long since I had your blood. The taste changed, you taste sweeter."

"Shut it, Suba."