Chapter 30- Old Threat Arising

(THE SUN VILLAGE)

Namitoshi was being decimated by the power of the Grizzly Sin of Sloth and the Serpent Sin of Envy. Even with his supposed ungodly magic, the strongest Fairy King in existence and newly crowned Queen of the Giants were leagues above his power.

King donned his 'Yggdra Cloth' with absolute mercilessness, slashing at the Water Dragon to devastating effect. Each slash from the bladed gauntlets shredded straight through the diamond-thick scales, creating newly open and severe wounds all over his body. Diane also approached with endless offensive power, summoning a 'Ground Gladius' beneath Namitoshi and leaving a great wound on his stomach that only mild scratches due to his immense durability allowing him to endure most of the rock.

"YOU FOOLS-ARGH... WHY DO YOU INSIST OF ACTING SO TALL TO COVER YOUR TRUE COWARDICE?!" Namitoshi demanded through his roars of pain.

"We may have been cowards once. I have no right to argue against your words. I've been a coward most of my life. I never had the courage to ever act for other's sake. I was too late to save my best friend, my own home. I've lost more than I ever could ever repent for. I've lost whole centuries worth of time from how I didn't have strength..." King retorted, sounding more regretful as he continued. Each word spoken showed more hidden pain and sadness for all around to notice.

Diane turned to him, noticing the tears that began to form in his eyes. Witnessing King's emotional state caused her to form large tears in her own eyes, understanding what he meant by loss of time and loved ones. She was there for every moment that mattered with him, and most of the time she couldn't even understand the pain he felt in his heart.

Lucy and Yukino looked at King with great empathy. They could understand the type of pain he described. Whether it was family, friends, time itself, they were also victimised by loss of that which mattered most, loss of the chance to make things right. Even though they did not know much of King's personal pain, there was a great chance that they could still relate to at least a semblance of such agony.

"... I've lost that which I care about, but I've also gained things to cherish for a lifetime. Those I've lost acted as foundations for the future. They weren't meaningless losses, they were to protect me, because they knew I was just as important to them as they were to me. From such selfless acts, they've encouraged me to become stronger. I'm not the same coward I was. I am Fairy King Harlequin, AND YOU WON'T TAKE ANYONE ELSE FROM ME!!!"

With a final slash to the face, Namitoshi feel straight to the ground. Crashing into the dirt at the dust filled the air, falling in a straight line and ending on his face. Now immobilised, Diane used her magic to manipulate the earth and coat the Dragon's body in various rock restraints, covering his entire body and excluding his head. Now he was trapped and unable to escape.

"NRRRGH... YOU FOOLS DON'T HONESTLY BELIEVE THIS CAN HOLD ME FOREVER?!"

"Oh I know it won't... that's why she's here..." King retorted with a pointed finger behind Namitoshi's vision.

Out of curiosity, Namitoshi turned his attention to the other direction. What he saw wasn't a joyous or auspicious sight, but the view of a Giant girl lifting an abnormally large hammer high into the sky to block out even the sun from his vision.

"... OH FU-!"

Namitoshi was cut-off short as his mouth now became the housing for the Sacred Treasure Gideon's head, breaking several of his teeth and splitting his jaw slightly. His screams of pain were muffled as he couldn't speak clearly, leaving him with a roar as if suffocating from horror.

Diane quickly lifted the War Hammer out of his mouth, revealing Namitoshi's jaw to now have lost numerous rows of serrated and sharpened fangs, now fragmented into shards too small to count together. Gideon however was shown to be without a scratch, shining boldly in the rays of the sun.