Chapter 10- Master of the Sun vs Master of Crash Magic

Escanor walked out into the field, with each step causing a slight shake in the ground for everyone to feel, making some of the really nervous people (cough.... Lucy, cough...) internally weep in fear of what was to come. If the footsteps along affected the very ground and people alone, then what would come from his combat abilities.

Gildarts walked out after Escanor reached his spot. His footsteps were just normal, not shaking the ground at all or doing anything. The S-Class mage then turned to face his opponent.

"May the best man win, hehe..." Gildarts said to Escanor, receiving a slight chuckle from the strawberry blond behemoth of a man.

"No need to wish for that, for you're already facing him!" Escanor responded.

"Hm... seems you're the prideful type, aren't ya?"

"Indeed, I am Escanor, the Lion Sin of Pride, and the one who stands alone at the peak of all species!"

"Wow, pretty big claim there." Gildarts jokingly said.

"As much as I would like to start the fight, I'm worried about the collateral damage which might be caused..." Makarov confessed, concerned about having a fight that's worth at least two Gildart's worth of power, and no control or restraint at all in front of his guildhall.

"I believe I may be able to help..." Merlin said out of nowhere behind the tiny guildmaster. With the snap of her fingers, Escanor and Gildarts became engulfed in a 'Perfect Cube', ensuring their fight would not affect anything around them now.

"Perfect, thank you miss Merlin!" Makarov gratified, earning a small smile from the Boar Sin of Gluttony.

"Alright then, let the fight... BEGIN!"

Escanor lifted Rhitta off his shoulder, getting a more combat prepared stance. Gildarts simply stood as he normally would, with neither of his arms raised or even looking like he had his guard up.

"What's wrong? Understanding the situation you're in?!" Escanor taunted, with only Gildarts to chuckle as a response.

"(Hehe) Me? Nah. I just wanna see how serious you're gonna get..."

"Hmph, how impudent..."

Escanor then summoned a miniature sun in his open hand which increased in size to twice as large as it was, holding it out for Gildarts to admire. The S-Class mage could only whistle in amazement, as he was able to feel the heat from all the way he was standing.

"Well... that's a thing. Let's see what you got..." Gildarts taunted, making a 'come at me' gesture.

"If you insist... CRUEL SUN!"

Escanor launched his attack straight at Gildarts, flying at an incredible speed. Most of the crowd felt wary about what was to happen. Gildarts himself however didn't even flinch, instead raising his left hand up open and saying a single phrase.

"DISASSEMBLE!"

In a flash, Escanor's attack multiplied and separated into several tiny flames which all flew past Gildarts, completely missing him in the process and eventually fading to nothing.

"I see, you specialise in counter techniques. However... you aren't the first I've fought, and you're certainly not the first who shall defeat me!" Escanor declared, summoning another 'Cruel Sun' in his hand as Gildarts stared with a smirk.

"Are you serious? That's not gonna work again!" Gray shouted.

As Escanor was about to throw his newly summoned sun, halfway through his swing it separated into several miniature suns that were flying at great speeds in Gildarts direction.