Chapter 27- True Enlightenment of the Sun

(CROCUS)

In the capital of Fiore, all who chose to stay began making preparations for the upcoming battle. Citizens were being evacuated as fast as possible, barricades and turrets were being set to gain a strategic advantage, and Sabertooth even contacted Queen Hisui herself so the local Rune Knights would also assist, ensuring the maximum amount of forces they could muster in the short span of time.

Orga leading the remaining mages of Sabertooth, Merlin the Boar Sin of Gluttony, and Escanor the Lion Sin of Pride, Erza Scarlet, and all of the available Rune Knights stood as the frontal defence for the upcoming invasion, bringing every amount of fighting strength they could gather and becoming capable of what was to come to threaten the capital of Fiore itself.

"Alright, we should be expecting them coming in about ten minutes people! Let's show the true power of Sabertooth!" Orga cheered, causing the Sabertooth mages to roar in response.

"This sudden invasion does greatly intrigue me, especially since it has seemed to have begun just after we made our trip all the way to Fiore..." Merlin mentioned.

"Perhaps these opponents will finally give me the challenge I deserve." Escanor stated.

Everyone was prepared for a full on invasion. The sun was strongly radiating light upon everyone, and so Escanor was definitely assured to be battle appropriate. Everyone else also had their magic boosted, courtesy of Merlin who said she wanted to assist in the fight anyway possible (she however just wanted to use the mages of Sabertooth as her new set of 'guinea pigs' to test her upcoming project of magic power enhancement).

As the cry of morale kept going, nobody cared to notice lightning beginning to crackle in the distance. Now ceasing their roars of encouragement, they all saw what appeared to be a large thunderstorm a hundred miles in front of them. While a storm during a day when the sun shined its brightest was easily noticeable, it wasn't the most unorthodox thing to actually occur. Rather, it was the fact that the clouds conducted and produced thunderbolts consisting of green, blue and red colours that caused them to become intrigued.

"Red and green thunder? I heard of some strange weather but this is abnormal..." Dobengal stated.

"Guys. I don't think that's merely some strange thunder..." Orga said.

From the statement by the most lightning specialised mage, they all gained looks of suprises, proceeding to mutter among themselves as to what this could mean. Merlin and Escanor merely had more focused looks at the what the Lightning God Slayer stated, understanding this as to possibly signify something to be afoot.

"Seems the temporary commander is right, this thunderstorm does indeed seem to posses high level magical properties. I have not seen a magical power of this magnitude since the Indura that invaded Britannia..." Merlin added.

Just as they the Boar Sin of Gluttony was about to continue, the clouds began travelling over them, causing a great shadow to be formed and the sun to be blocked out of sight. Before being able to point out the weather anomaly, a bolt of green lightning launched down upon them, aiming directly for Merlin. Before she could be hit however, Escanor leapt into the scene and grabbed her while dodging it, causing a small crater and the ground being burnt from the electrical concentration.

"Woah!" Orga yelled.

"What the hell was that?" A random Rune Knight exclaimed with shock.

"I don't know, but keep your guard up!" Erza warned.

Soon after the first one, lightning bolts of different sizes and colours came crashing down upon everyone. For the Rune Knights, many became injured in the first few seconds from the onslaught, and the rest soon to follow. The mages faired much better, using their expertise in magic to either dodge out of the way or block incoming bolts, still with a few casualties as some were still hit directly.