Part 66: Bad Bad Black Sheep

Hours later, Elena ran her fingers over the lid of Grand Piano, the twins’ expertly crafted bombs placed delicately inside. The room would begin to fill with the rest of these pathetic infidels within an hour. It was nearing time for her to ready herself, prepare to destroy her opponents, both figuratively and quite literally. 

In a flash of black and yellow, Nikolai zoomed up beside her, carrying his limp hostage encased tightly in the speed protectant wrap, a human burrito to protect his fragile human body from being ripped apart from the in survivable speeds. 
"50 whole minutes brother?"
She mocked impatiently In Russian. "Getting a little slow are we? It should have only taken 30." 

"Now sister..." he defends to his twin, throwing the package over his shoulder.
“He was not an easy man to find." 

She zoomed around to her brother’s back and opened the wrap just enough to see her captives face.
"He was locked away in the part of America known as Rhode Island, the facility that held him was never on any of the KGB records." 

Elena sifted through her well organized mind. As a spy, the first thing she imbibed was a near photographic memory. Unbeknownst to their superiors, the twins had spent year’s secretly memorizing entire rooms full of military files, KGB data and any soviet knowledge they deemed possibly useful. Her brother was right, they had never come across such a place, and it must be newly constructed. 

"Understood." The lady speedster responds, lifting the material to peek at the Supervillain inside. The glowing overhead lights of the ballroom caught the almost waxed-like shine of MasterMind’s bald head.
The villain was still unconscious from the knock out gas Nikolai had released just seconds before kidnapping him from the Prison Complex. 

Nikolai glanced towards the grand piano, it's sleek black surface glinting in the light, placed to the conductor's left, behind the violins and next to the harp. 
"Is it done?" 
He asked Elena, who simply nods in response. Both twins had always been creatures of few words.

Once the bomb inside the piano was detonated, it would release a deadly gas into the air, a mixture concocted by one of Russia's most brilliant Supervillains, Vrach Opasno, or as the Americans refer to him, The Deadly Physician. Using the last remaining fragment of the famous meteorite, he mixed a terrible thing; a concoction that once absorbed into the airways of any non-super-human or deviant, would efficiently begin affecting the DNA. An altering process that has been tempered to set in at approximately 3 days after initial inhalation, just in time for the royals and leaders to return home, infecting any one they came into physical contact with. 

This drug was originally considered a failure by the deadly Fussian doctor, due to its rather nasty side effect of killing it's host 24 hours after the alteration is complete, but as they say, "One villains trash...” 
A certain set of speedster twins with a long overdue vendetta, took the liberty of borrowing it. 

The bundle in her brothers arms start to move, this moving followed only by muffled squirms.
"You gagged him?"

"Yes." answered the speedster called Quickstep, setting the villain down in the nearest chair.
"I felt it necessary, this I did after the knock out gas took effect, for if I were to this dog speak, I feared I would have snapped his neck long before I could get him here!" He growled in a rare display of  emotion, this one being long repressed hatred. 

She placed her hand on his shoulder, a soothing, sisterly notion that she hadn't done since Romana's passing. 
"A smart decision. That's why you had to do it. I might have killed him already."
She glared down at the awaking villain with raw hatred. 
"Soon this will all be over."

"Whoever had the audacity to pull this little stunt, I swear..."
A drugged, roughed up, but still equally angry captive started to rant. Cha-Cha whips around, reaches down and pulls back the top of the wrap to find a pair of green beady eyes-twitching with rage, body still paralyzed with the effects of the toxin. 

"Release me now..." He continued angrily, but at the sight of the gypsy woman, whose own face was just inches away, he stops, eyes going wide and jaw dropping slightly in awe. "You..." he let's out in barely a whisper. 

"Elena... Nikolai." He panned slowly back and forth from the sister to the brother. "You got... so big. You look just like..." he trails off, but not before both the Petrescu twins could grow red with more anger. 

"So the pig does remember our names." spat Quickstep in English, his usually well-hidden Russian accent unmasked by his anger. How could the red armies greatest secret weapon have ever bore a child from this man? 

The brainiac quickly regained his composure.  He needed to think his way out of this one.
"What do you want?" He asked in a cool manner, relaxing his shoulders and ceasing to struggle.
"What do we want?" Elena balled her fists tightly to her sides, holding herself back from slapping him hard across his deathly pale face. She knew if she did, she would so easily kill him prematurely in rage.
"We want our sister back you swine!" She shrieked with rage and grief,  but as soon as that brief second of emotion slipped out, she reeled it back in, gaining control, feeling only a mental sting, instead of the unforgiving end of the whip that she, like all other young prodigy spies had endured after displaying emotions.
Silently, she forced the gag back into his mouth.  

"But that isnt something you can give, so it's what you are going to receive from us that you should be more concerned about." Quickstep finished for his sister before speeding over to the nearest closet, and without even looking, he tossed his former brother in law unceremoniously inside.

"The boy may try to interfere."
Nikolai said, at perfect eye level with his sister, one of the many advantages of being the exact same height. The world's first and only female speedster was once again fully calm and collected, the vision of a once cold and calculating soviet weapon. 

"What is it the Americans have a saying for?" She switched over to English to answer her brother.
"About crossing bridges upon arrival?"

______________________

A/N:
This was one of my favorite chapters to write. I hope you all enjoyed it. Remember, you can read the full story on amazon.
If you enjoyed this chapter, please dont forget it to vote and comment.
Have a great weekend.
-QueenOfGeeks