Part 52: Why Him?

"Classique or remake?" grinned the Villain, obviously amused at the reference, but her eyes were still locked onto Toxic’s, looking for solid reassurance.

"He won't, I've read him. He's a firm believer in the thieves’ code. He won't betray his client. Especially if that client is a superhuman who's higher up on the villain food chain then he is. I'd destroy him." Toxic half warned, glaring at the older villain.
"Megavillains..."
Informal rolls his eyes.
"Always with the melodramatics. So does the mademoiselle want me to steal something or no? I'm missing a date with Miss Sweden for this."
"Alright." Galaxy agrees.
"Alright, alright, alright." She said, and then paused a little.
"Let's do it, let's break into H.Q.!"
His eyes widened.
"H.Q." Informal gulped.
"Cherri, do you mean your Headquarters?"
Galaxy Girl bobbed her head in response. His gaze fell to the floor for a second, and next thing witnessed was a full grown man acting like a kid on Christmas morning.
"No, you're joking... No, you're not joking!" Informal paces excitedly.

"This is amazing, this is spectacular!!" The thief mumbled incoherently.
"Now about your fee..." Toxic begins. Informal held his hand up in a stop signal.
"No Mon Ami, No fee." He said sternly. "This is THE heist. L'arc du Pacte. The arc of the covenant. To take money for this would be sacrilege." He spoke enthusiastically, with a lot of wild hand motions. But then his hands stopped.
He brought them slowly to his sides and stared questionably at Galaxy Girl. His emerald green eyes narrowed, and he walked around her suspiciously.

"She... she isn't under any control is she?" He asked Toxic in sort of a stunned realization.
The Hero and her Villain share a nervous look.
"I knew it!" gasped the handsome shifter.
"But why would le fleur want to break into her home and steal from her own papa?"
He cocks his head at her in suspicion. "You have not turned this beautiful rose over to the dark side, have you Monsieur Toxic?"

"I'm not evil if that's what you're asking." Galaxy Girl quickly retorted.
"I just need to get something from my headquarters without anybody knowing."

"I know better than to ask for the details Cherri, though my curiosity begs me to do otherwise."
The Villain replied. Galaxy Girl could practically feel the curiosity he radiated.
She knew what question he wanted to ask.
"Why you are doing this I will not ask. As I will not ask why you masquerade as deceased. I just beg one question. "
"Fine." She grumbled.

"Why him?" Were the only two words contained in his question.
"Excuse me?!?" Exclaimed Galaxy girl, not understanding what he was asking.

"Why are you working with him?" Informal questioned, crossing his arms against his compact, but muscular frame. I might as well just answer... She thought. But she mustn't say anything that makes Toxic look weak.
One, because it would hurt the feelings he claimed so hard not to have, and two, it word got around that he brought his hero back to life and was helping her,
It could be the end of her as well.
"Because I died and his career is ruined. We are in the same boat and I need help to fix this. If that means teaming up with my arch-nemesis, so be it."

"Oh, I understand now." Informal nodded in understanding.
"He helps you so he may destroy you by himself when he chooses to!” He said, getting it completely.
Galaxy walked right up to him, till her crossed arms were nearly touching his.
"If you're in, you're in." She warned him, a deathly look of seriousness over-shadowing her face.
"Tell anyone about any of this, about ANYTHING you see and I will hunt you down."
She hissed through her teeth.
"And I'm going to fold you into quarters."
Informal turns towards Toxic.

"She's terrifying.... I like it."
He winks at Toxic.
"Let's get to work then."

_________________

Hey guys.
Hope you had a great week.
This will be a double update and I will be posting the next chapter shortly so stay tuned. :)
-QueenOfGeeks