Part 11: Rome Georgia

Dedicated to: NadiaBerry4

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf."
-Rabindranath Tagore

__________♡♤◇________

"Remember what we rehearsed."
Toxic said, pulling on his gloves as soon as the plane began to pull into the VIP hangar of Rome's International airport.

"For the last time, I've got it. I am Countess Catherine Von Strep, I'm 24. You are my fiancé, Baron Tomlinson Marconius Dumas, age 25, and we from the island nation of Vanuatu, where we hold several records in ballroom dancing." She said all in one breath.

"She can be taught!" He exclaimed sarcastically, referencing their age old brains vs brawn tirade. She pulled at the designer dress and matching jacket he had brought for her to wear. When she had asked why she had to dress like the Queen of England, he had quickly reminded her that royalty does not arrive in a t-shirt and sweats, and she had grumbled about it, but eventually succumbed and slipped into the bathroom to change. Pulling on a brown radiation proof long coat over his casual tan pinstripe suit, Sylvester headed for the door, peeking out the small window in the hatch, the villain spotted a limo waiting below. He forced himself not to tug on the thin Italian tie; suits had never been his thing. His skin ached for leather, and he was already missing his mask.

Toxic held out the crook of his arm for her to grab. She immediately gave him an expression that clearly stated heck no! "They are waiting for us below, we are engaged remember, got to play the part." He reminded her.
"Fine...." Andromeda gave in.
The bad guy himself was not used to the whole touching people thing either, and for some odd reason he could feel the heat of her hand through both his suit jacket and his coat. The hatch opened and down below, standing beside the long black limo was an Italian man with a thick handle bar mustache and bright red cheeks, beside him was a tall brunette woman dressed in a form fitting but professional beige suit. Both smiled up at what they thought were the incoming Royals.

"Here we go..." Gulped Galaxy, the warm wind of the open hangar door breezed over her, and sent a shiver down her spine. She was more than nervous; out of her mind was a better description, her palms were sweaty and she felt like her stomach was doing better backflips than Toxic could, but strangely having her nemesis at his side brought Toxic some small form of comfort. The disguised madman smiled down at the welcome wagon and announced something in Italian that the hero recognized as the word for hello.

She looked up at him to find his usual confidence plastered on his face. Not in a million years would these people have guessed that these people weren't the real Royals they awaited with eagerness. Toxic appeared so at ease, so sure of himself. That expression had always been fun for her to watch; as it was wiped off his face every time she managed to defeat him and throw him in prison. "Ciao" The very well attired woman responded. "Welcome Vostra Altezza!" The man waiting beside her greeted.

"What did he call us?"
Galaxy whispered to her accomplice. "Your highnesses." He whispered back. Arm in arm, the duo walked down the short flight of stairs while Toxic continued to talk to the Italians in their native language. Toxic said something that made the pair laugh, and the man reached out to shake Toxic's Hand. Galaxy caught sight of that same quick flash of fear run through his eyes, like before when the mayor wanted to shake his hand, but as fast as it appeared, it was gone. Toxic smiled, wrapped his arm tightly around his partner's shoulder and shook the man's extended hand, while the hero tried her best not to clench up.

"Welcome to Italy, dear Countessa. Your fiancée has informed me that you do not understand Italian. Luckily I speak English." The man's eyes sparkled from behind his rosy cheeks and extraordinarily large mustache as he addressed whom he saw as another beautiful contestant. Luckily for the all-American Galaxy Girl, Vanuato was a primarily English speaking country. He held his hand out for her and following Toxic's lead, she did her best to daintily put her hand into it, but instead of the firm shake she was expecting, he quickly brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it. That time she did clench up. This was something she'd only ever seen in old black and white movies. After trying her best not to freak out at the odd sensation of that mustache engulfing her hand, she stepped into the limo that the Italian man was holding the door of.