Part 43: Dance With The Devil

His breath hitched as she stepped out of the bathroom. Her blond hair hung in tight curls that framed her face in an almost angelic way. She was wearing a deep burgundy gown that hung just off her shoulders and was as short in the front as it was long in the back. The edges of the train trailed the floor yet the front of it was cut a good 10 inches above the knee.

His curious brown eyes found their way to her perfectly tanned, long legs that were displayed by that outfit so wonderfully.
How can legs be so stimulating to my brain? They are nothing but support posts made of muscle tissue, fat and bone, wrapped in a layer of skin. Why then, are they so fascinating?
It didn’t make much sense to him, albeit, it was true.

"Galaxy Girl, you look.... wow." He mumbled in awe. Her cheeks flushed slightly.
"Thank you. You look really nice too." She complimented, placing her arm on the crook of his elbow and they walked out of the room and down to the competition area.
When their false names were called up onto the dance floor, neither had ever felt so alive. She wrapped her arms around his waist from behind and lay her head onto his back in their starting position. The music began to play and so did they. As they danced the passionate Pasodouble, it was as if the whole world just faded away into the distance. Toxic didn't care about the audience, or even the judges, he was dancing with her, for her. Not as a Hero and a Villain, or even allies. It was like Informal had said, Just a man and a woman. Even if they were supposedly acting, they were truly moving like long-lost lovers.  

A warmth spread throughout the entirety of his being, and he doubted it was due to the building’s central heating system. She was feeling the same thing, her skin glowing at his touch in the most natural way possible.
When the music started to draw to a close, he heard a quiet groan escape her. She didn't want to stop either.

They dropped to their finishing pose and the room filled with the loudest cheers they had ever received. Breathless, they stared at each other, faces yet again just inches apart. In that instant, Toxic’s mind went straight to what happened the last time they were in this position, when she had kissed his cheek so sweetly.
He found himself craving her lips on his skin again.
Galaxy stared up at him breathless, both terrified and thrilled by the strange feelings coursing through her veins.

But Toxic, reminding himself of their impossible situation, did something he had always been naturally skilled at; he put his mind over body. Placing his arms under her shoulders, he stood up, helping her to do the same.
They turned to face the judges, and even the usually hard to please toupee clad man had a look of being impressed about him,. They all held before them,  scorecards with his being a 9 and the two others having giant, bold 10's stamped onto them!
A small squeal escaped Galaxy Girls lips and they hugged each other tightly.
Afterwards they received their medals, taking first place for the first time all tour.

The Speeders stood beside them on the lower podium in second position, looking absolutely furious.
Galaxy Girl didn't appear nervous or fidgety at all; she managed to give them a smile of smug satisfaction.
The Romanian woman cursed something in her native tongue.

"She said 'The game is on'"; Toxic whispered to his companion after they stepped off the podium and head for the exit.
"You speak Russian too?"
She cocked her head.
"It wasn't Russian, it was Romanian." He corrected.
"My mother was Romanian, or so I was told." Wrapping an arm around her waist, he pulled her tighter than necessary against his side as they weaved their way through the crowd.

_____________________________