Part 21: A Good Morning

Toxic was awoken by the sounds of the musical chirping of the Alaudidae, The French singing bird. Eyes still closed, he listened. It was quite peaceful really.
Galaxy Girl hated birds, she claimed that they always impeded her flight whenever she was in air.
The thought brought a smile to his lips. The image of his nemesis running into a bird going at about 250 mph, feathers flying everywhere... was quite amusing indeed.

He breathed in, and the scent of strawberries. It was the hotel's shampoo. Toxic felt a pressure and warmth against his chest and cheek, curious, and barely awake, he halfway opened his eyes. All he could see was hair. His head was resting against a mop of bright blond hair. Galaxy Girl was using his bare chest as a pillow!

His eyes widened and he jolted abruptly awake. Too stunned to speak or move, Toxic began hyperventilating.
His nemesis, still blissfully asleep, just sighed contently and snuggled closer.
She looked like a sleeping angel, blond hair sprawled out across his whiter than a sheet torso.

His whole suddenly body felt as if it were on fire. His heart raced, all clear signs of panic. Her deep even breaths were replaced with normal ones. She was waking up. Toxic heard her suck in a quiet, confused gasp, before her head slowly tilted up towards his.
When her gaze reached his, they stared oddly at each other for a microsecond before both let out a simultaneous scream. Both jumped out of bed and ran to opposite sides of the room.

Toxic had snatched the blanket and taken it with him, clutching it up against his chest, suddenly feeling exposed.
"What the actual hell?!" She cursed, obviously freaking out.
It was the first time he had ever heard her curse out loud.

"Hey don't yell at me! It wasn't your chest that was violated!" He shrieked.
Her cheeks flushed deep red. She was blushing, another new thing for him to see.
"I didn't mean too... I didn't know... I can't believe..."
She stuttered, not making eye contact, eyes darting around the room.
Galaxy Girl took a deep breath and tried to collect herself.

"Look I'm sorry, I should have warned you. I turn in my sleep."  
She apologized, burying her face in her hands. The Villain breathed in, and then slowly exhaled. He kept on willing his body to be calm, as the nerves were causing his radiation levels to spike, and flares of green were swirling rapidly around him.

"Ok, we're just not going to talk about this." Toxic declared. He was really not emotionally capable of handling awkward situations.
"You mean just forget about it?"
She asked hopefully.
Haha, yeah forget about it. She says to the guy with the iconic memory.
He thought.

"Yes. Let's just go about our day as you had slept on the settee."
Toxic quickly agreed.
They tried to do just that. Galaxy Girl ordered room service for them and they ate breakfast in silence.
Toxic tried not to look at her, because when he did, the Villain felt a sliver of that same panicky feeling he felt when he had first woken up.

Toxic busied himself by rigging the TV to respond to voice commands after the third time he had to fix the remote, which kept being pulverized in her hands. The rest of the morning and afternoon was spent in silence, with only the sounds of the American channel playing on the TV.  The next competition started at 3:00 pm, so they had time to kill.

She watched TV while he greased, polished and oiled some of his inventions.
Toxic blasted music from his laptop, trying to draw his attention away from his stomach, which had not ceased fluttering since his awakening. Around halfway through "Radioactive", Galaxy Girl shut off the TV and approached him; leaning against the wall, she watched him work.

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow at him.
"Really what?" He mumbled, wrench in mouth.
"You're really listening to one of those songs?"  She asked, crossing her arms.
"Shameless self promotion if you ask me."

Toxic took the tool out of his mouth, tightened the last bolt and stood up.
"Ok," He began with a shrug,
"So I may have had twisted a few metaphorical arms for this one, but Spears did that other one all on her own. You've gotta believe me."

______________________

A/N: ANOTHER CHAPTER WILL ALSO BE POSTED TODAY.
Stay tuned!
Love to you all
-QueenOfGeeks

 Stay tuned!Love to you all-QueenOfGeeks