Part 39: Deniability

"I am not attracted to her." He whispered to himself, and decided that he would sleep on the couch tonight. Damn the security inspections. He slid into the bathroom and changed out of his costume, wiping off all traces of makeup on his face so as to not leave any evidence of his nocturnal activities. He crept up beside the bed and placed his costume back into its case. When he stood up, he took notice of the fact that his nemesis was quietly whimpering in her sleep, hands clutched to the sheets in fear. She was having another nightmare, and looked immensely terrified. That pained expression she bore on her face carved itself into his chest. Toxic looked back towards the couch, where he should sleep, where he was going to sleep.

She whimpered again loudly and his mind decided itself. No to couch, yes to bed to protect his Hero. He climbed into the bed and pulled her into his arms.
"Shhh Galaxy, it's okay, I'm here." He soothed quietly, stroking her golden hair. Still unconscious, she instinctively clung to Toxic, and soon he felt her body relax, and she snuggled closer to her arch rival.

"Mmmm Toxic...” She mumbled sweetly, as if his name was heaven on earth, sending shivers down his spine.
“Maybe I am more attached to her than I thought.” muttered the villain to himself.

When Toxic awoke, slightly hungover, he was pleasantly surprised to find out that the car had been returned to its parking spot without a scratch. After room service arrived and they had eaten, Toxic and Galaxy Girl walked down to the rehearsal area to practice a bit before the final round in Paris was to be held that evening. They had been creeping along the scores, just managing to keep themselves from being eliminated. Tonight was their last shot to qualify for England, and if this faux team didn't place at least second, they would be out of there.

"And then the gay henchmen replied, 'I thought you said set fazers to stunning!'"
Galaxy Girl leaned forward, clutching her stomach with laughter after he delivered the punchline; acting out the part perfectly, complete with the hand gestures. He had been making her laugh all morning while they practiced.
With tales of experimental mishaps, and funny, ridiculous things their fathers had done or said. Nobody on or off the planet could ever make her laugh quite like Toxic.

"Ok. OK. One more... and it's the perfect joke for you, my fair haired nemesis."
"Oh boy. Here we go..." She plants her hands on her hips, not stopping the sashaying they were rehearsing.
"How many blondes does it take to change a light bulb?"
"I don't know. How many?" She cocked her head at him, as if daring him to answer that.
"What's a lightbulb?" He answers though a million dollar grin.

"Very funny."
"Toxic, is it weird or wrong that I like doing this?" She began to interrogate mid dance.
"Doing what?" He asked as he twirled her behind his back.
"This. This Dancing thing?" She questioned, biting her lip.
"No, it's not weird Galaxy Girl, Dancing is quite a popular hobby with regular humans, I guess even super- heroes can have hobbies." He shrugged.
"Not just the dancing itself though."
She treaded cautiously.
"Dancing... With you."

He dipped her back slightly and held her there. A complex look contorted onto his face.
"I know what you mean... I like it too, quite a lot." He sighed, pulling her back up. They glided across the room in perfect rhythm.
"Doing this with you, it makes me feel alive. More than I ever have. The risk of us getting caught just increases it. But not just that." He shook his head. "It's fun, so much fun."

"But is it wrong though?" She asked mid-twist; “That we are having fun together? You know, when you and I are supposed to be... You know, Rivals?"

"What our fathers don't know, can't hurt them, or US for that matter. What happens on dance tour, stays on dance tour." He replied. The music played in the background as the pair moved with perfect fluidity. With his gloves and coat discarded in the corner of the room, he ran one bare hand through his jet black hair.

She couldn't explain it, but she really  enjoyed watching him do that.

_________________________

A/N:
Hope you guys enjoyed.
Till tomorrow everyone.
(Dont forget to vote)
:)
-QueenOfGeeks

(Dont forget to vote):)-QueenOfGeeks