Part 37: All Figured Out

Toxic gave up trying to stand and just flopped back into his seat. Stunned at what he just accused of. The pair sat there in silence for several minutes. Informal didn't push or prod, he just patiently waited for the other villain to speak up.

Shut up and just leave. The tiniest, sane part of Toxic's slightly drunken brain ordered. The cops were still there but he was sure he could sneak around them undetected.
"Are you a psychic?" He questioned the thief, setting the bottle down as far away as possible, and raising a dark eyebrow.
"No...” He replied though a chuckle. "Just French."

"You can trust me with your tale, my friend." Informal reassured after another few moments of silence.
"Why should I?" Toxic asked as he crossed his arms, watching the police scurry around below them.
"Because I like you, monsieur Toxieek. You and I, we are the same." Said Informal, taking another sip of his beer.

"We are nothing alike. You are just an empowered thief, I'm a mega villain...” Responded Toxic; with a prideful huff.
"True, but you, like myself still hold respect for le classic villainy and poetic irony; in a world of 'get rich quick' imbéciles. Villains like us know that there is much more to being a supervillain then just being plain evil. It's also showmanship."

Both sat in silence for a couple of tense, awkward moments.
Screw it! Toxic thought to himself, reaching down and grabbing his cast away bottle and quickly downing the rest of its contents.

"It's not her, it's me. Something is wrong with me." he sighed, feeling a weight lift off his chest.
"Oh really?" The shifter inquired, popping the cap off another beer and handing it to the empath. He needed it.
"Yes, it's me. This body it's.... malfunctioning."

The thief choked on his beer at that last line.
"Please continue." He stated, obviously trying his hardest not to laugh.
"These last couple of days... Whenever I'm around her, my Hero that is; particularly when she wears short skirts or low cut tops..." His brown eyes lowered to the wooden floor for a second before continuing.
"My body just goes haywire. My pulse accelerates, heart pounds, my palms sweat, my brain, it just SLOWS DOWN!" He complained.

"And when I touch her, it's worse. I feel as if my skin is on fire, like tiny microbots are crawling all around, inside me." He rubbed his hands up and down his shoulders, just the thought of it gave him the creeps. There was nothing stranger than the tale he was trying to narrate; and with Galaxy Girl?

"Then when I'm not touching her, I find myself craving to do so. I find my thoughts often drifting to her. To her skin, her callused hands, her voice, HER SMELL! She smells wonderful!" He moaned in frustration.
"Like strawberries, but I think that might just be her shampoo, not a glandular disorder. Something is seriously wrong with me. I am very unwell!" The frustrated bad guy sank into his seat and shut his eyes in worry.

The shapeshifter started laughing, and his laughter rung so loudly, Toxic thought he had gone manic. Now, he simply looked like a short, French, maniac. His head slung back, and tears streamed down his rosy cheeks.
"For someone so powerful, you are SO BLIND!" He cried out, slapping his thigh in complete hysteria.
"You know what is wrong with me!?" Toxic questioned loudly.

"Yes, I do, but Mon ami, I am going to let you figure it out on your own." Informal stated, calming down from his outburst and taking another swig

_________________________________

A/N:
Hey guys, hope you all had a good weekend. Big news, for this months book giveaway, the prize will be a signed hard copy of this very book.
Check our the official bedding camp Facebook page for detail on how you can enter to win. :)
Please dont forget to vote and please leave a comment with your thoughts as I would love to read them.
P.S, I'm working on the next chapter of a thorn in the ice as we speak and it should be done by tomorrow.
-QueenOfGeeks