Part 26: Over The Limit

*Dont forget to tune into the official Bedding Camp Facebook Page today at 2pm mountain time for a live author reading.
Link in my wattpad bio*

_____________________

Toxic on the other hand, was zipping through cobblestone streets of the city, and as usual breaking many speed limit laws.
Following the tracker he had placed inside the tracking device he lent to the Hero, he tried to stay on her trail.
First she'd stopped at a Laboratory of some sorts, but then suddenly took off in the other direction.

Toxic got this strange feeling in the pit of his stomach, an uncomfortable feeling that just could not be scientifically explained. The blip was now only moving at 6.8 MPH, and it was weaving around the buildings, instead of over them. Why was she flying so slowly? Galaxy's MPH was normally in the hundreds. Why was she only doing 6? I could probably run faster than that. He thought. The genius noted silently that 6 Miles per Hour is the top speed most humans could run. She wasn't flying..., she was running. He realized this and his eyes widened in concern.
Something was wrong, very wrong. The Galaxy Girl he knew never ran, she didn't even like to walk when the option of flying was presented as well as walking. Another, more intense wave of concern flooded over him as he kicked the high gear even higher and headed hastily towards that red blip.

She ran, golden boots clicking loudly against the ancient cobblestones of the dimly lit Paris back alleys.
Galaxy Girl didn't know where she was going; only that she didn't want to stop, ever. It was over, at least that's what her mind told her repeatedly. It was over. Finally, she reached an abandoned warehouse, one with condemned stickers pasted nearly everywhere on it.
Her fear melted into rage and disappointment in herself, and in frustration, she rammed her fist into the red brick wall. She continued, determined to keep punching through walls and cursing at herself until nothing but a pile of rubble and rotted wood surrounded her. Out of the dark, something rammed against her and within seconds, had her pinned against the opposite wall. A large, rough hand clamped firmly against her throat.

"Well, looks like there's a new evil wanker in town. You know it's a crime to vandalize abandoned buildings mate?" Came a high society British accent.

She knew that voice.
"Dauntless?"
Galaxy managed to croak out, still shaking from the evening's previous events.
Dauntless shook his head in disbelief, sliding her over until she was in the light: his eyes trailing her over.
"Informal I'm not in the mood to pitter about tonight! Do your research, that hero is dead; now shift back so I can actually kick YOUR arse." He slammed her back against the wall. He was thinking she was his shapeshifter villain, which would make sense.
"No you scone eating, cricket playing, airheaded moron, It's really me!"

Galaxy Girl insulted, as she never really liked Dauntless. He was the ultimate douche, more hairspray than a hero. In it for the popularity and the adoring fans, especially the women; not for the greater good, or to make a difference. "No... Bloody hell, it can't be! Y-You are dead G-girl!" He was starting to believe, but his grip had nowhere loosened from her body, one hand on her neck and the other pressed firmly against her stomach.

"No. Well yeah, I was... but now I'm not. I've got to fix some personal stuff. It's really complicated; I wouldn't expect you to understand."
Galaxy Girl vaguely explained, gripping his wrist with her free hand; the man still hadn't let go.
His hands were like sandpaper on her skin, calloused like her own. She made a mental note that they weren't soft like her ever-gloved nemesis' hands. She inhaled, his breath smelt strongly like alcohol. Had he been drinking?

"B-But Captain Galaxy? The P-Peace L-League..."
Dauntless asked through slurred speech.
Yeah, he definitely had been drinking.

"You can't tell my father or anyone. They can't find out, you understand? Not until I set things back in order. You have to promise me you won't tell them!" Galaxy replied, once again pulling at his wrist. Though her hands still trembled, she was now pulling with enough strength to fold a car in half.

____________________

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed, I will be posting another chapter today after the author reading at 2pm.
Please dont forget to vote and comment. <3