Part 22: Cha Cha Real Smooth

Dedicated to: SmillaDierickx
(Thank you for voting on every chapter as you read)

_______________

It was nearing 3, the scheduled time for the Cha Cha competition.

It was time for them to don their costumes, though not the ones they were used to.
Toxic wore a black pinstriped suit, complete with spats and cuff links. Admiring his reflection, Toxic felt like a Latin Al Capone. Which admittedly pleased him. Capone was a villain, a human one though, but close enough.

Toxic didn't have the fabric to make it out of his usual radioactive material, but since Galaxy Girl would remain in physical contact with him for the entire duration, it would just have to do.
The Villain knocked on the bathroom door, entering to find his nemesis in a dressing gown, about to start putting on her make up. Her blond hair was already piled high on top of her head.

Toxic slicked his hair back into the short neat pony tail that his alter ego Sylvester often sported. By the time he was finished, Galaxy Girl was applying his favorite stick of jet black eyeliner around her big blue eyes. Her lifelong rival was standing just close enough that she couldn't pulverize the plastic tube in her empowered hands.
She set it down onto the white marble sink and the flamboyant bad guy felt his hands ache to pick it up and put it on. Toxic was homesick for his own trademark costume. He watched the mirror as her reflection peeled off her white cotton robe to reveal a blood red flapper-esce dress. He turned his head and couldn't help but scan her figure. He notice his heart had begun to pound, and he felt his blood pressure steadily rising; his green aura glowing brighter than usual. The dress hugged her in a more feminine way then her skin tight uniform, hanging mere centimeters below her thighs. The usually robotic boy felt as if he had run into a wall when his gaze finally reached her legs.
Long, and smooth they were, and in those tall black heels, they seemed to go for miles. He couldn't think straight, he knew it was because his blood wasn't flowing just into his brain anymore.
Am I getting sick? What's wrong with me? He began to panic internally.
"Are you ok?" She asked, Concern in her tone. Her voice snapped Toxic out of whatever that was. He knocked over his bottle of expensive aftershave in surprise.

"Y-yes... I think so." He answered doubtfully, before slipping on his black gloves, and a black radiation proof trench coat over his performance wardrobe.
They left for the competition; her hand slipping into his the second the elevator doors dinged open.

The entrance was right behind the judges’ table.
The judges appeared glass eyed, hiding boredom.

"Remind me again why we judge this one at a time? Why can't we do this all at once like a normal competition?" The tall brunette judge asked   her associate rhetorically.
Music filled the room, and many brightly colored spotlights moved in time with the dancers on the floor.

"Hah, you think we could get all these world leaders to share a dance floor? We can barely get them to share a planet." The Middle aged toupee clad judge answered back sarcastically.
"We got this." Galaxy reassured as they passed by.
"Eyes peeled for the speeders." He whispered back. Toxic and Galaxy Girl made their way into the huge crowd of competitors. So many sequins and rhinestones glittering everywhere; it was blinding.

The German ambassadors greeted them with a friendly wave from across the room.
Galaxy Girl nodded back politely.
"Do you see them?" Toxic whispered to his companion, whose hand rested firmly on the crook of his elbow, absorbing the rest of his power

"No not yet!"
"Let me go so I can try to lock onto their guilt." He requested.
She looked up at her old friend woefully, she hated being in a crowd as much as he did.
The fear of accidentally harming an innocent bystander coursed through her, but she allowed her hand to reluctantly drop to her side.

The guilt reader closed his eyes and completely relinquished his mind to his empathetic powers, but the many voices in the murmur of the crowd caused chaos in his brain.
So many people.  So much guilt. He couldn't pinpoint what was coming from who.
From great causes of guilt like embezzlement, and mistresses, to the littlest things like returning library books late; there was such a great variety to cross-examine in here. His eyes twitched as he tried and failed to sort the overload of data that had flooded into his brain. Desperate to silence the overwhelming noise, he reached out and wrapped an arm around Galaxy's shoulder, glad for the silence her contact brought to his mind.

Toxic sighed in relief, pulling her against his side.
"You Ok?" She asked, blue eyes wide with genuine concern.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't... there's just too many of them." He replied regretfully.
"Team Dumas of Vanuto to the floor please." The voice over the microphone announced.

"Wrap your arms around my neck so I can take off my coat."
She did, and after removing his coat and gloves he took her hand, and they walked together onto the polished hardwood dance floor.
The music started and they began to dance, perfectly in time with the music.
This unlikely dancing duo glided across the floor, bodies perfectly in sync.
Adrenaline coursing through their veins; hands never leaving each other's bodies. The knowledge that even the slightest slip up and they would be exposed to world was both terrifying and thrilling at the same time.

Toxic looked at his nemesis face and what he was met with wasn’t a stage smile, like the ones she always bore during interviews with obnoxious daytime TV reporters.
Oh no, this was a real one. The kind she wore when she got the upper hand during a battle. He realized his nemesis, like himself, was having an amazing time. When the music drew to a close, the Villain felt himself wishing it had gone on longer.
To see her smile like that, strangely made him experience a pleasant emotion.

The one called happiness, he assumed.
The judges appeared to be pleased, one of them was even smiling.
They scored two 9's and one perfect 10.
"That was a vast improvement. Job well done."
The female judge complimented before holding up her card.
When the last judge held up that last score card with that perfect double digit, Galaxy did something that took him a little by surprise. She hugged Toxic.

_____________________

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed today's chapters. Please dont forget to vote and comment. :)
-QueenOfGeeks