He took a seat on the couch and looked at me expectedly. I sighed. "I know you don't agree with me, but I can't just let Michael die without at least trying."

"I know Emma, but you can't do anything." He leaned forward putting his head in his hands. He obviously thought we were past this.

"Actually, I can." He looked up with confusion written on his face. "I'm kinda rich." I bit my lip.

"Emma, I don't think you understand how expensive chemo is."

"I don't, but I have enough. I'm sure of it."

"Michael's not going to accept your money."

"I know, I thought of that." I took a seat next to Vince. "I could donate it anonymously."

"Do hospitals actually do that? I thought it was something people only did in movies."

"I assume they do. I don't think Hollywood would just make it all up."

"Do you know where he would get his treatment at?"

"Yeah, I think so." He would probably get chemo at the same hospital he went to after the accident.

"Then what do you need me for?" Vince didn't sound angry, just curious.

"For someone to tell me I'm not crazy." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

His arm wrapped around me. "You have the money?"

"Almost, my parents left everything to me and my brother. I have more than enough with my half, but since we haven't figured everything out yet, the money's not in my account."

"Where is it?"

"In my parents' account"

"Can you access it?"

"Not directly," I bit my lip again knowing he had found the flaw in my plan.

"I have to talk to Riley...and probably Alex."

"Riley's not going to be easily convinced. What are you going to tell him?"

"I-I don't know." A tear slipped down my cheek.

"Shh, it's okay." Vince's other arm wrapped around me. "We'll figure something out." He kissed the top of my head and stroked my back until I calmed down.

"Vince?" my voice was rough.

"Hmm?"

"Thanks for being a great friend to me."

"Anytime," I smiled up at him as he smiled back at me. "Are you ready to go inside?"

I wiped at the tears on my cheeks, "yeah." He grabbed my hand and led me back up to the house. Inside we found Charlotte and Grandma in the kitchen frying up chicken. "Need some help?" It looked like the same recipe my dad used to make.

"Sure, you can have this job," Charlotte said putting her cracker covered fingers up, "it's too messy!"

With both Vince and I doing Charlotte's job, it wasn't too messy, until we started to mess around that is. "You got the cleaner job," Vince complained pulling the last piece of chicken out of the eggs.

"Oh yeah real clean!" I flicked some flour at him.

"Hey!" he dropped the chicken in the flour causing a cloud of flour to come at me.

I shrieked, jumping back. "Oh you didn't!" I grabbed a handful of flour and cracker crumbs throwing them at Vince. In retaliation, he took the bag of flour and threw some in my direction, but most of it hit Charlotte. She in return grabbed the mixture of eggs and tossed it at Vince who then decided to tackle her in a hug. Grandma and I got out on the kitchen in time to avoid getting any messier.