Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Author’s Note:

So I don’t really like how the last couple of chapters played out. I feel like one minute Emma and Justin are fighting and the next they are kissing…So, I probably put a chapter between the two, but it won’t really be too important because it’ll just be a filler chapter. Oh, and we are nowhere near the end, the fun has just begun.

Devin4862

            The next day, everything was back to normal, well kind of. Justin came over for breakfast, and we talked and laughed like normal. Grandma gave us an odd look at first. She probably didn’t expect Justin, because we were pretty cold towards one another last night. It didn’t really matter, because as always, there was more than enough food, and she seemed happy that we had fixed or differences. I was too.

            “Bye Grandma,” I called as Justin handed me my backpack and we walked out the door. The walk down to the car was quiet as were the first few minutes in the car. It was quite awkward. As I waited for a car to get off the old bridge, I tapped my fingers on the wheel and reached for the radio. Before I could touch the dial, Justin grabbed my hand. I smiled down at the ground. “What are we going to tell Ally and the others?”

            Justin’s thumb massaged the back of my hand as he thought. “We could mess with them?” he suggested with a shrug.

            “What do you mean?” My head turned to him before the car slowly rolled across the green trestle bridge.

            “Well, we could,” his cheeks turned red so I quickly looked away and tried to hide my smug smile. “I don’t know; act like we would anyways, but anytime someone asks us about…we just play stupid.” Justin tried to hide his blush by looking out the window.

            I squeezed his hand in mine, “sounds like a plan.” After that, the ride was filled with chatter. I told him about dinner with my brother and his friends.

            “Can I meet your brother?”

            “Sure,” his hand finally let mine go in order for me to put the car in park. Justin waited for me to pull my bag out of the back seat before we walked into school together with our hands grazing each other as they swung back and forth between us. Tingles surged through my knuckle each time his skin touched mine.

            “Hey guys,” Ally caught up to us just outside the doors readjusting her backpack.

            “Good morning,” Justin opened the door for us.

            “Thank you,” the smile on my face grew larger and we held eye contact just a bit longer than usual.

            “I see you two are talking again,” Vince walked up to us from inside the building. I looked to Justin quick before copying his confused glance towards Vince. “Oh come on,” he threw an arm over my shoulder. “You were silent towards my girl for a whole week.” I watched something flash through Justin’s eyes at Vince. I’m pretty sure it was jealousy, but he hid it quickly as did I the smirk that threatened to blow our plan.

            “Honestly,” I ducked out of Vince’s arm which meant standing closer to Justin. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Justin and I had our arms pressed against each other. Normally Justin would have taken a step away, but at the moment I was enjoying the warmth that radiated from him.

            Vince glanced at Ally who was also confused before shrugging it off, “Whatever.” He and Ally walked towards the lockers, and after a moment where Justin and I shared a quick smile, we followed. Vince glanced back at us, a smile on his face as we split ways. He and Ally continued to her locker whereas I pulled Justin to mine by his sweatshirt. He didn’t seem to mind.