Chapter 20

The morning went by quickly. Justin showed me to all my classes, but he still insisted upon walking me to all of my classes, not that I could really say no. He was waiting for me outside of my classroom at the end of each period. I'm pretty sure he was leaving his classes early. "How are you always waiting outside my classes?" I asked him on our way to lunch.

"My class is right next door," he said with a shrug before pulling my arm. I blushed realizing that I had just turned left instead of right.

"Seriously though, are you leaving your classes early," I didn't want him getting in trouble because of me.

"Oh," I let it drop as we got in line for lunch. It was really too loud to have a conversation, but that didn't stop Justin.

He leaned closer to me so he could speak right into my ear. I shivered as he brushed my hair behind my shoulder. "The mac and cheese is really good here, but don't ever try the Chinese food." I smiled and nodded as I grabbed us each a tray.

Both mac and cheese and Chinese food were an option, so I took Justin's advice and stuck with the pasta and mini corndogs, hoping Justin hadn't forgot to warn me about them. Justin took his choice of food and led me to the cooler where I grabbed a bottle of water and followed him to the register. I probably could've navigated the kitchen area on my own, but I would have had no idea where to sit once I entered the cafeteria, so I stuck with Justin.

I typed in my pin number which I kept in my phone, I was never very good at remembering numbers, and followed Justin to a table. I took the seat opposite Justin and hoped he would introduce me to his friends, so I wouldn't have to. Unfortunately, someone taped his shoulder from behind, so he turned around to talk with them. I looked over at the three other people at our table, but they all seemed caught up in a conversation, so I decided to wait before talking to them.

I stirred my pasta around and smirked when I thought of what my mom would say. 'Don't play with your food!' such a typical mom thing to say.

"Hey Emma," Someone said as they plopped down beside me. I turned to see the girl from my science class. I think her name was Caitlyn.

"Hi," she was nice to me in class. She asked me to sit with her and let me look at her notes from the day before so I had at least a little bit of an idea of what was going on.

"Typical guys," she looked over at Justin's back since he was still turned away talking to another guy. "He invites you to sit with him and then ignores you."

"Oh, I don't really mind. He's been really nice to me and he helped me find all my classes this morning." I replied, happy to have someone to talk to.

"Oh really?" her voice changed from a hint of anger to curiosity.

It must be a boring town if she finds this interesting, I thought, but only nodded as a response to her question.

"That's good!" she seemed oddly excited.

Maybe Justin is normally mean to people outside of their group. Maybe he's a bully.

"Hey, there's my girl!" I turned to see Vince walking towards me with a smile on his face. He sat down next to Justin who turned around to see what was happening. Vince reached over and took my hand. He placed a kiss on it, but didn't release it. "How's my babe's first day?" He squeezed my hand but didn't let go.

I'm sure the look on my face was rather entertaining as I stared at him with confusion. "And what does that make me?" A blonde haired girl said as she sat down next to me. Oh crap! I silently hoped that either the girl sitting next to me wasn't really Vince's girlfriend, but that was unlikely, or that she wasn't the jealous type.