7

Emma's POV

I looked up from my phone when I heard a frenzy of knocks at my front door. I furrowed my eyebrows as the knocking continued while I got off the couch and made my way to the front door.

When I swung open the door Camila was standing there with a look on her face. She almost seemed... angry?

"Hey, I thought you had an event tonight?" I asked as she brushed past me, letting herself into my place.

"Yea, sure. Come in," I said sarcastically.

"I did have an event tonight, and guess who else was there," she spoke as she turned around to face me.

I thought for a second before realization washed over me.

"Oh, shit. That was the same event?"

"You knew she was going?" Camila asked.

"I didn't think it was the same one you had," I defended myself. "What are the odds of that?"

"Pretty high, apparently. She was there and she had a date," Camila told me.

Oh, that's why she looked angry.

"She had a date?" I asked, getting a nod in response. "What did her date look like?"

"She was about my height, dark hair, gorgeous..." Camila trailed off sadly.

"Why are you telling me all of this, Camila?" I asked her.

I knew why she was here, but I wanted to hear her say it.

"Do you think she's getting serious with this girl?" Camila asked me instead of answering the question.

I knew Y/n wasn't getting serious with Veronica. She had already called me and told me everything that happened tonight. Camila was definitely overthinking this entire situation.

"Camila, if she was getting serious with this other girl what would that mean for you?" I asked her.

"I don't know," she said with a frustrated tone. "I couldn't keep my eyes off of her tonight and my chest hurt watching them together."

I knew she still had feelings, but I didn't realize it was this bad.

"Mila, if you want her back then you need to do something about it. Go sit down and talk to her about it. Trust me, she is just as stuck on this situation as you are."

"I want to, Emma. You don't even understand how badly I want to go tell her that I want to try again, but I already broke her once," she told me.

"Look, if you can't work up the courage to go talk to Y/n about this situation then I can't help you. You either want her or you don't, and if you can't be an adult and go have a serious conversation with her about this then you need to just leave it alone."

I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I did, but what I said needed to be said. Y/n was my best friend and I would protect her in this situation until the end.

"Okay," Camila mumbled. "I'm going to figure out what I want and until then I'll leave her alone."