3

Your POV

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. I groaned before my eyes shot open and I jumped up to check the time on my phone before realizing it was Sunday.

I let out a sigh of relief before crashing back into my pillow. I opened my eyes slightly, sighing again when I realized I was indeed the only person in bed.

I should've known she would be gone before I woke up. I rolled over and realized she had placed a water bottle and two Advil on the nightstand for me.

I quickly took the pills, hoping they would kick in quickly so this raging headache would disappear.

I almost fell back asleep before hearing a knock on my front door.

"You've got to be fucking joking," I mumbled to myself before dragging myself out of bed and slipping on a pair of shorts and a sports bra.

The knocking continued as I walked to the door until I swung it open ready to yell at whoever it was.

"Wow. You're alive. Surprising," my best friend laughed as she brushed past me.

"What the hell are you doing here, Emma?" I asked the girl as I rubbed my temple and shut the door behind her.

"Making sure you aren't dead, obviously," she told me as she rummaged through my fridge for something to eat. "Rough night?"

"You have no idea," I told her as I sat down on the counter.

"Bring home any strangers last night?" She asked with a giggle.

"Nope. I did manage to bring home someone very familiar, though," I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Spill," she told me as she turned towards me with a hand full of grapes.

"Camila picked me up last night."

"Are you serious?" She asked with wide eyes.

"I wish I wasn't," I admitted. "I'm surprised she even answered my drunk, two am phone call."

"So, she just brought you home or..."

"She stayed the night," I told me. "Left before I woke up."

"I'm sorry, Y/n," she told me as she walked over to give me a small hug.

"Don't be," I laughed even though I really wanted to cry.

"I'm over it."

That was a lie.

"Are you really?" She asked, obviously not believing me.

"I'm trying to be," I told her. "Besides, I've really been hitting it off with this girl Veronica in my art class."

That wasn't technically a lie, but it might have been an exaggeration.

Veronica was a girl I sat next to in class that definitely had a crush on me. She was super nice and pretty, but I was still very hung up on Camila.

"That's the same girl you told me about last week?" Emma asked.

"Yea, the one who keeps trying to get me to go on study dates with her."

"Why don't you go on one? Maybe you two will have fun," she shrugged.

"I might take her up on it the next time she offers," I told her even though I was almost completely sure I would not be taking her up on any offers.

"Just don't rush into anything, okay? I can see you're still hurting. Maybe you should take some time to yourself," she told me.

I thought about what she said before nodding slightly.

"I'll let you get some rest and recover from your hangover, because frankly, you look like shit," she told me before shooting me a smile.

"Wow. Thanks so much for reiterating what I already know," I said sarcastically as I walked her to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she laughed before kissing my cheek and walking out.

I shut the door behind her, walking back to my bedroom and crashing back into my bed. My stomach was beginning to turn and I knew the only thing that would make me feel better was if I slept it off, so that's exactly what I did.