Chapter 11: Broken bones

"What do you think happened?" Yeuna asked me, still looking at the bloody seen before us.
" Someone or something killed him," I said looking away," there were small footprints by the body too. So that leads me to believe a small child did it." I hesitantly said walking forward a few steps with my hand up to my shoulder as I started rubbing it. My neck started hurting a bit, probably because of the stressful things that have been happening.
Suddenly there was a scream. My ears were pierced by the noise that was later upon them. Form the sound it sounded like a grown woman. Yeuna ran over the stairs, suddenly it hit me. That came from up stairs, where Jesse and Aaden were.

I followed after her almost tripping over the third step because of my worried ness over coming me. Thoughts started running through my mind. Is someone hurt? Did they die? Did Jesse or Aaden kill someone? Who was it? Was it the person who killed that boy?

We reached the top of the stairs winded and looked at the room we had been staying in. The door was busted open, splintered wood was everywhere, blood spatters where covering the walls and door frame." Aaden," I mumbled running over to the door pulling out my gun.

" Shit get off of me!" I heard a deep voice say. There was also the sound of metal being hit against something.
Jesse was on his back holding a bar of metal, witch from the looks of it was from the sliding glass door. I ran over to the seen trying to take the figure off of the screaming man. I didn't get a look at the person's face.
" Leah be careful, don't let her bite you!" Jesse shouted as I pulled the small figure off him, it was small and frail like a child. But for some odd reason death seemed to radiate off it. I threw it to the wall and heard a gasp of air leave its mouth. Now I could fully see it.

A small girl, 9 or 10 maybe, but it didn't look like your normal innocence 3rd grader. Oh no, she was bloody, and like all the other walkers, her eyes glossy and bloodshot. Blood was dripping from her mouth onto her pink dress. The blood wasn't crimson, it was a brown mixed with what looked like a dark purple almost. She was hunched over breathing heavily as she stood up. Her neck and fingers twitching and bending in ways they shouldn't.

I took a step back pointing the gun at her. I was ready to shot, it wasn't the first time I had to do this. The girl looked me in my eyes and her eyes looked glassy now, like Yeuna's when she was crying. Just like that other zombie, she shed a tear. Before I could get the bullet out of the gun, she launched herself at me with a a scream, it sounded like a sick person with heavy mucus was screaming at me. It was probably from the blood in her throat.
I pulled the trigger, the pullet glided through her head and it went back from the force of it. Her eyes shed one last tear before she hit the ground.
Blood started to spill out of her head wound, and like on her dress it was brown and purple. It started to reach my shoes and stepped back.

I turned around," where is Aaden?" I asked aggressively at Jesse. He shook his head," I don't know. That girl broke down the door and I was in the other room, then she came in. I ran out here and she attacked. I am sure you can put together the rest."

I started looking around and made eye contact with Yeuna and she went to the bedroom and I went and looked around. " He can't have gone to far," I mumbled opening the closet, I still am not sure why I did that. I walked to the kitchen to see Aaden pinned under the fridge passed out.
" O my god, Aaden!" I ran over and slid on my knees over to him and checked his pulse. He was still alive, thank the lord. " Yeuna, Jesse! I found him!" I yelled. They ran into the kitchen," what happened-" Yeuna asked "get the fringe off him and then we ask questions. They nodded getting the fridge under there hands," 1,2,3!" We lifted the fridge and threw in back into place. I kneeled down," Aaden. Aaden. Aaden!" I yelled shaking his shoulders. He slowly started opening his dark brown eyes, but Jesse didn't notice and slapped him in the face," wake up bitch!" He screamed while slapping him. Aaden held his face," What the heck Jesse?!" He said rolling onto his side," ow!" He said rolling back onto his back. " Woah carful, you were under the fridge, you probably have a broken bone if not more." I said looking at him as he shut his eyes in pain. "Move over I got this." Yeuna said scooting closer to him and lifted up his shirt without warning.
" I think I am gay now." Jesse said looking at Aaden's stomach. It was probably a six pack or something, I didn't get to see because I was by his head and Yeuna was holding up his shirt. " You were already gay." Yeuna said chuckling a bit. Aaden looked annoyed, we always joked about him and Jesse being gay for each other. Aaden was probably annoyed because he just gave us another reason to say that. Aaden winced in pain again.
" Alright so that rib is broken." Yeuna mumbled, she poked another spot" ow!" Aaden screech" and that one." She poked other spots but he didn't wince as badly, so he probably only had a few bruises. Yeuna put his shirt down," Ok so Aaden has two broken ribs. Now. Tell us how you managed to get a fridge on top of you?" She asked crossing her arms looking at him with a an almost annoyed look. 
"I was in the living room and something broke down the door, it was that little girl- wait where is she?!" He asked looking around," Leah put a bullet in her head." Jesse said, almost sounding proud, as if he did it. Aaden sighed,"Good. Anyway, she attached me and I ran to the kitchen to get my knife because I had left in it there, but she leaped on my back and I fell to the floor. We were fighting like that, man she was strong and full of energy, being half dead you know? Anyway she got hit me in the head and got off me and I held my head in pain. Then I assume she pushed the fridge on me and I passed out. Probably from the pain." He said only in a few breaths.

I got up," well that was pretty...what's the word...dramatic. Least we know there are walkers here. Because I doubt she is the only one. Also we heard a scream from down stairs, I think it was Jesse. I don't think that little girl could scream that high if she wanted to." I joked trying to lighten the mood.
I got a few chuckles and some head shakes. Man I hadn't gotten a good reaction like that in awhile.

Jesse crosses his arms mocking me before standing up and walking over to me,"Bitch please!" He said pushing up his glasses with his middle finger. I just shock my head and laughed.
"This bitch will do as she will please."