Chapter 7: Dusted clouds

The sky was still cloudy, but we could tell it was late afternoon. Since what had started in the morning and we had been walking for hours. I could tell cuz my feet hurt. I didn't know if would still rain or not, it didn't smell like the sweet like it. Or I had gotten used to it. I didn't know anymore.
Surprisingly we hadn't killed any zombies yet. We live in a kinda small town. Usually one of us knew someone in a heard of zombies. Also we didn't have a lot of ammunition to spare to put our somewhat friends out of there living dead state.
By this time we were out of our small town. It could have been east, west, north, or south. I am sure someone knew but I didn't. I usually forget what why the sun sets, so I wasn't reliable in this situation.
After walking awhile more, I had now noticed Aaden keep glancing at me. I assumed he was doing his thing he did, just randomly looking at people. But I don't know, he was looking at me more then usual. Maybe I had something on my face?
Yeuna and Jesse were walking a few meters in front of us, talking about who knows what. Probably hentie. Only they would know. There laughs where getting to loud though, I was just waiting for Aaden to tell them to be more hushed.
" Leah...can I ask you something?" Aaden asked glancing at me as I looked up to him, and nodded.
" You remember what happened on the news the only day? And we were making fun of it?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck.
I nodded " yes, go on."
" Remember how they were saying something about how someone broke into a farm and found the farmer eating his own cows? You think he was the first infected? Like maybe somehow he got mad cow disease or something?"
He asked looking into my eyes for some kind of answer to leave my dry mouth.
I shrugged," maybe, I mean it was all over the news, but how would his cows get processed that same day? Wait, or what if the cow was infected, or multiple, were processed that same day and that farmer had apart of that cow and wanted to infect something?" I said looking into his dark brown eyes, looking so closely I could see the faint reflection of my face in them.
He nodded " yeah your right that could be what happened? Or we could be completely wrong." He joked, smiling at me then looking up at the cloudy sky.
His eyes shimmered slightly with a soft pink.
Once that registered in my mind I got confused. " It's sunset already?" I asked looking at the sky in front of us. Man was it beautiful. I hadn't enjoyed a sunset since last time I sat outside with ear phones in after a break up, and that was in high school. Why hadn't I dated anyone since then? Well I found no point.
" Yeah I guess joking around about how this started is a great way to pass the time." He joked enjoying the busted clouds that had parted slightly, like it was parting it's way for the ball of fire in the sky.
I think I had eyes on the sky for a few minutes trying not to trip while also not trying and falling. I looked back at Aaden who was looking at me, with his stupid smile.
" What are you looking at?" I asked joking around.
" I-wait where are we going to sleep?!" He said as his face turned into a panicked one.
" well then. I guess were screwed."