Friends...

So I know it has been more than forever since I have posted and I'm not giving up on the book it's just moving really slow and I have ideas all over the place and I gotta sort my shit out first lol. So I'm sorry if any of my information has been quite sloppy, I am going to get onto that as soon as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP:

Reid and Corah's weekend came to an end when Reid had to go pick up his father at the airport. He's been acting strange lately, Corah has noticed. Not answering his phone, missing school, dodging her questions. She gets ahold of him, and he says he'd see her at school, but he still didn't sound like himelf. Corah has agreed to go to the school dance with Reid, the dance is about a few days away, (more details in this chapter).

Corah's parents are leaving shortly for their two month trip to Mexico, leaving the girls in the care of "the tormentor", Bill's brother, Jeffery.

After school, Corah goes to an other one of Lucas' football games, after he game, she meets Lucas' friends, Nick and Gage. Nick is flirty but Gage is more quiet. After the encounter, Lucas' and Corah go for dinner, a little out of town at a fancy restaurant. He pays, and as they're getting in the car after supper, Lucas leans in, and kisses her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It all happens so quickly I don't have time to react. What just happened? I thought Lucas knew what he was to me. I'm guessing by the look on my face, he does now.

"Sorry." He says quickly, clearly embarassed.

"It's fine," I say cautiausly, still in shock. "but I don't see you that way." I try to say this as gently as possible.

"Yeah," He says with a ruffer tone, "I know who you do." He didn't say it that loud but loud enough to prove that he wanted me to hear. But for once in my life, I wasn't confused.

"Is that supposed to mean Reid?" I raise my voice a little, I could see that my anger scared him, but he doesn't back down.

"I know the way you see him. He's no good, Corah, trust me." I couldn't believe him.

"I don't see anyone that way, and if I did it wouldn't matter." I get in the car, ignoring whatever else he has to say. He gets in, slams his door and pulls out of the parking lot.

You can imgaine the long awkward ride home, it was. We didn't speak in less it was to give him directions to my house. He parks in the drive way and as I'm getting out I give a cold-hearted "Bye" and he drives away.

I stump into the house not bothering to answer Bill when calls me and head straight for my room and jump onto my bed. Staring at the ceiling. Lucas' words in my head. "He's no good, Corah, trust me." What is that supposed to mean? How would he know? Well, according to those popular kids at the game earlier this evening, Lucas is no good either. Honestly, how do these people even know who I hang out with? I wish people could just back off.

Ugh. I hate boys. Reid has only been here for a little more than a month, and everyone seems to think they know him. But they don't. That cocky, smirking boy is not the same as the sweet broken boy I've easily gotten to know.

I'm startled by a knock on the door. My mother and Bill enter. I sit up and allow them to talk.

"Corah we leave in 3 days." My mom says gently, "I would like some sanity for the few days we have together, okay?"