Let the water flow

I didn't know what my plan was because I didn't have a car, or any friends to go to. Just as I'm a couple feet away from the door, someone knocks. I open it abruptly to find Reid standing there right on my door step. He was actually serious about me going over. Wow. Any other time I would have slammed the door in his face, but right now, he was my ticket out of here.

"Let's go." I found myself saying.

I walked by him grabbing his arm on the way. I heard the house door close and I dragged him back to his car, not saying a word.

"Well, that was easier than I thought it would be."

I heard him say from behind me. Ignoring him, I got in the passenger seat and waited for him to get in his seat and start the car. His door opens and he's inside. I feel him starring at me.

"What was that?" He asked sounding a little to amused.

"Nothing. Go." I nodded signaling him to drive. I turn to my left to see Bill standing in the door, my mother peaking over his shoulder. Reid followed my gaze and gave me a questioning look.

"Drive." I said louder getting upset. He noticed my anger and started the car. Giving Bill one last glance before we turned the corner.

We drove for a while in silence. I could feel him occasionaly glancing at me but I just looked straight ahead and kept on my poker face. I knew he would be asking me about that again later but whatever, at the moment I did not want to talk about it. I was too upset.

Not that Robert was a bad person, I just really didn't like him. Leave it to me to not like good people. But still, he took my dad away from me. And for nothing. He had him doing all these pointless things for him. I hardly ever seen my father. It was his fault.

When my parents split up, like forever ago, my dad was still around for a little bit because I was so young. It was good he was there when I was little. At least that way I felt like I actually have a dad. Had a dad. I was maybe ten when he started really needing money, desperately searching for a job. Kind of like my mom now. Robert just happens to come up out of nowhere and offer them the perfect job. Practically surving him. I remember one night I was supposed to stay with my dad but he dropped me off at home in the middle of the night because Robert had something he needed him to do. I never asked what it was.

After maybe 15 mintues of a calm silence, we pull up to a huge house living on the corner of a street, I don't think I've ever been down. The entire street had big gorgeous houses all the way along. The driveway we were currently parked in belonged to a big white house with many windows and a fancy stone pathway that led to the front of the house. I could see lights gleaming on the inside, thru the window. Reid stopped the engine and put the car keys in his pocket. He realized my amazement to the beautiful house and he chuckled slightly.

"Home sweet, home." He smiled at me and I almost smiled back. He got out of the car and I did the same. We walked up the pathway together and he opened the door for me. Ugh. I walked in to find the house surprisingly quiet. I was used to a house full of people and despite all the lights left on, this house seemed dead.

"No one's home?" I asked.

"Nah, my dad works pretty late."

"Oh."

Where was his mom? I couldn't help but wonder. I pushed away the thought and followed him into the living room. It was bright and red with black leather furniture, a beautiful fireplace and photos on the walls.

"Your house is gorgeous." I said the words before my mind could prosess that they were coming out of my mouth. An other chuckle came from his lips.