Me and Char

I woke up that morning not wanting to move. I had an other muderous headache and I felt super nauseous. I looked to my side and checked the time. 6:08. Crap, I was going to be late. Had I slept through my alarm? Just at that moment I heard a knock on the door. My mom walked in.

"Corah? Are you awake?" She asked, quietly.

"Mm-hm." I answered, not getting up. She walked over to my bed and sat beside me, placing her hand on my forhead.

"You're burning up." She said, full of concern. "I'll get you some water." And she was out of the room.

I lay my head back on my pillow and shut my eyes. I hated headaches. Pain was filling through me, I could almost scream. I must be just stressed. I felt someone grab my arm and I flinched, scared.

"It's just me." My mom said calmly as I opended my eyes. She handed me the water but I just put it on the table beside me.

"You have a fever, Corah. Drink it." Ugh. I sit up, drink a little water than put the cup back on the table. I lay back down and shut my eyes.

"I have to go to work for a little bit. Will you be ok here alone?" She asked. Concer in her voice. I would have asked her to stay but I remembered last night. I knew she was still working at her old job for a little while before she started working for Robert but she was probably still doing little jobs for him, I didn't know about.

"I'll be fine."

My tone was a little harsh, bringing back my anger from last night. She looked sad, guilty. Good. She said goodbye than walked out of the room. After a few mintues, I heard the front door slam. And I was alone. I lay on my back stareing up at the ceiling for a while. I tried to close my eyes and sleep. I tossed from side to side but couldn't bring myself to fall back sleep. The pain in my head was too strong. I shake off a few of my covers and sit up. Looking around the room for a moment, then a huge flush of massive pain came to my head. I leaned against the wall and my eyes landed on my book on my dresser. I picked up 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' and tried to read for a while but my mind was somewhere else. I had no focus in my book. I close my eyes for a second.

The next time I look at my clock, it's 8:47. Ok, since I can't sleep I'll try to get up. I slowly get out of bed, not wanting to rush my, still hurting head. I slump over to the closet and grab a t-shirt, sweat pants and a sweater. Walking into the bathroom, I start the water. After taking what felt like a 20 minute shower, probably using all the hot water, I make my way to the kitchen. I don't think I have ever ate breakfast in my life, during the week. First time for everything. I walk over to the fridge and find some eggos. Sure. I toast them than cover them all the fruit I could find. With a finishing touch of drowning them in syrup. I so would not be hungry the rest of the day. I finish my breakfast and make my way into the living room. An other thing I never do, would be watching tv, so just for fun, I trun on the news channel. Apparently is was going to be nice out today and tomorrow, but come, Thursday, Friday it's supposed to rain again. Although the weekend had a sunny forcast. Interesting.

I doze off on the coutch for a little while and wake up to a different channel. Hm. My headache wasn't as bad as when I woke up but it was still there. I didn't want to read or watch tv and couldn't sleep anymore. What to do? I hear a loud bark and I jump slightly. Charlie was sitting a few feet away from me. Hm. Ok.

"Come on, Char!" I say getting up and grabbing the dog leash.

He starts barking and jumping at my feet. He may be a little lazy sometimes but he always loved walks. And for some reason, even me and him had grown apart. I used to walk himall the time when I was younger. The second I step outside, I take a deep breath of the fresh air. The news was right. It was a fairly beautiful day. Both me and Charlie were totally enjoying this walk.