Making plans

I spent lunch in silence listening to Jade and Amber talk about how lucky I was to have Reid as my partener. I, however did not agree with them. I didn't see reason in arguing with them. They went on and on like this for a wile until someone came and sat on the table right next to me and they shut up immediately. I suddenly realised why when I looked up and seen Reid smiling at me. I attemted to ignore him but he didn't seem to want to left me.

"So how 'bout that name?"

I look up at him and decide to answer so he will stop asking and leave me alone.

"It's Corah." I said flatly, giving him an evil glare then turning back to the people at my table.

"Ohh. I like that." He said giving me a wink and making me slightly uncomfterble. I gave him a discusted look but he went on anyway.

"You know, the meaning of the name Corah, is unique, stubborn, proud and impatient?" He said thinking he was all smart.

"Well your facts are false 'cause I'm only two of those four things." I said quietly. I was not proud nor unique and I knew that for a fact. "Stubborn and impatient." I added in explanation.

"Stubborn?, well I can't argue with that. But you are quite unique darling" He said sounding, giving me a wink. He was getting on my nerves.

"I'm not your darling." I declared angrily, ignoring the... Compliment?. "Can you leave now?"

I noticed Jade let out a little 'huff', her and Amber have been watching this whole conversation seeming simply amazed that they were in his presence.

"Um no not just yet, sweat cheaks." He told me with a grin and a wink. Ugh.

"What do you want than? And stop with the creepy nicknames." Why won't he just leave? Not like I'm that fascinating. I mean, really.

"I simply wanted to inform you that you would be coming to my house this weekend to work on the project with me." He smiled. Was he joking or something?

"Correction. No I will not. Plus, I don't even know where you live." Not like I would be going if I did.

"Have no fear, my dear." He smirks. "I'll pick you up Friday around noon." And with that he gave me one last grin and walked away before I could protest. What just happened? And omg does he know where I live?! Creepy.

"Omg that was awesome." Of course Jade comments.

"I can't believe you're going to his house Cor." Amber smiles jokingly at me.

"Ha ha, yeah no don't think so." I said sarcasticly laughing.

"I don't see what's the big deal with this guy?" Derek says to the girls.

Amber and Jade look at him like he's grown a second head.

***

I was usually one of the first kids to board the bus and the second I got on, I had a book in my face and I never notice the students walking by me. And usually they never notice me. All but one of course.

I look up out of my book. Someone had tapped my shoulder. I raise my head only to find Reid sitting in the seat next to me.

"Hey!" He smiled.

"Since when do you take my bus?" I question, without answering his greeting.

"Since always, pumpkin. You've just been to busy reading murder books to notice." He said noting my book.

"Hey! It's not a murder book! It's a... a um... well there is still a lot of feeling in it." I said trying to defend my book and ignore the strange nickname.