Is it in Spain?

I hold up the book, take out my phone and dial Reid's number. Only after it's ringing I remember his dad is probably home now and might answer the phone. I panic. After three rings I hang up. Realizing quickly that it was stupid of me and Reid had presumably given me his cell number and it's not likely his father would answer. Nontheless,  I hide in my room until Bill calls me down to dinner. I would have just stayed there but I didn't eat supper yesterday and barley ate today. No one talks to me but Katie. Bill says a few words to me but I answer with silence. My mother doesn't dare even look up at me. But she has something to say. So she tells Kate but makes sure I'm listening.

"Katie." She fakes a happy voice. "You know mom and dad are leaving for work for a little bit right?" Kate nods, mouth full of food. Bill continues for Rachel.

"Well, dad's brother Jeffery, is coming to stay with you and Corah while we're gone, okay?" He looks hopeful that Kate will just agree and not take after her sister and throw a fit. She doesn't.

"Okay." She smiles. Then looks confused. "Uhm, who is he again?" She asks. I scoff. And my mother looks at me with evil eyes and I glare back at her. She faces Kate and smiles.

"He watched you last time we went away. You were only about 5 or 6 so you may not remember very much." Kate seems to be thinking.

"I remember Corah getting mad at a man who was with us." She says.

"Hard to forget." I say under my breath and Bill and my mother look at me, then back at Kate.

"Yeah." My mom says. Less fake-happy. "Him."

"Oh. Okay. When are you leaving?" Kate asks.

"A little less than a week." Bill says. She nods and then the conversation is over.

We eat quietly after that. I help clear the table and Bill and my mom did dishes. Afterword, I ran to my room. Once I was alone and the door was closed, I checked my phone. I had a missed call and a text. It wasn't from anyone in my contacts but I recognised the number. It was Reid. Thank god, he gave me his cell phone not his home number. Now it was less likely his dad would answer.

Hi. Call me.

I wrote back.

Okay.

Then I called him.

"Hi." He answered.

"Where were you today?" I ask. "And after school?"

At first its quiet.

"Uh, I was busy." He says slowly. Yeah, it wasn't that easy.

"Doing what?" I press on. "Is your dad home?"

"Yeah." He says cautiously. "I, um, had to go get him at the airport this morning."

"What? The airport? That's like 3 hours from here."

"Yeah." He said. "I know."

"Doesn't he have a car? I thought he got home last night."

"His car broke down and it was last night/early morning. I got to go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Reid-" But the line went dead. Ugh. Fine then.

I decided to read for a little while after that and I ended up finishing the book, Ten and Catching Fire. I desperately need the third book now. It took me quite some time to fall asleep. I swear I woke up like every hour. It was around 4AM and I just couldn't fall back asleep and I had nothing to read but Under The Water. So I put myself through the pains of reading that for an hour. It was, yes, kind of 'cheesy' but it wasn't that terrible. It's about this girl Emilie and this boy Cameron. And I guess it's just how they need each other and slowly fall in love. I don't really know. But it's obvious (even for me) that they end up together. So I just sat there and read and waited for the time to go by. I end up getting up half an hour earlier and attempt to make myself breakfast. I don't think I've ever seen worse looking pancakes. I eat the mess of a breakfast I made then run back up to my room. Standing in front of my dresser, I actually pay attention to what I was going to wear. I was hanging out with Lucas tonight ad I wanted to at least look presentable. I have like no nice clothes. I decide on a thin pair of black camo jeans with a white shirt and sleeveless jean jacket. Close enough. I get dressed, grab my bag and run for the bus.