Something strange

I didn't see Reid on the bus that morning, I don't know why I noticed that, but I did. I guess I expected to be annoyed about going to his house. Witch I still wasn't, by the way. My mind was suddenly busy thinking of Reid, I had no time to think about the horror that awaited me. The horror of being in the presents of Bill's brother, the tourmenter. Yes, that was my new name for him. I had tried my best to forget what had happened last night but I couldn't. I hadn't talked to any of my family members, any but Charlie of course. I didn't think any of them really wanted to speak with me either. I knew my parents would still be going to the trip and I knew they were probably upset for me freaking out at dinner like that but hey, I was pissed. And I still am. I had tried before, to tell them that I didn't want him back hear but they didn't believe me.

The bus ride seemed to drag on forever. Witch was good and bad at the same time. Good: because the slowing time went by, the longer time it would take for Mr. and Mrs. Satan to abandon me. Bad: because I hate school and want to go home. Well not home. But just not school. I didn't really want to be anywhere.

I arrived to school after a while and bolted to my first class. I. Hate. The. Bus... With a passion. I sat down in class and pretended to pay attention. I looked down at my desk to see someone had passed me a note. I looked to my left and seen a boy smiling at me.

Hey, grab a coffee after school?

I read the note, slightly confused. I glanced at the boy, still smiling at me. He was kind of cute, I guess. He had short messy light brown hair, it was almost blonde, that fell so close to his big hazel eyes. He seemed very friendly. However, I had no idea who he was and was completely unaware of how to talk to an other human being. So I rote him back. Well tried to.

Oh uh, what's your name? And um how do you know me, exactly?

I'm hopeless. I passed him the note and he looked a little confused at first but smiled and started writing back. Mental face palm, right there. I looked at the teacher who tried to get the bored teens interested in what he was saying. Wasn't working.

Lucas. I'm Chris's brothers friend. Haha. So how 'bout that coffee?

I read the note then thought for a moment. How 'bout that? Hmm. I could sense Lucas watching me so I rote back and handed him the note.

Okay. Sure.  

I truly had no other dialog in my system. Very pathetic.

But what just happened, was something strange. As much as I would like to read about people dying, I had never been asked anything by a boy in quite some time and didn't know how to turn him down. I guessed we would have to talk while we drank coffee but we'll see how that goes...

I looked in his direction to see his reaction. He smiled friendly at me, then turned to the front of the class.

Weird.

***

"One of my brothers friends, eh?" Chris said to me at the lunch table while everyone else just listened.

"Yeah."

"And that's all he said? Nothing else?" Chris asked an other question, witch seemed to be the millionth.

"Yes." I answered impatiently.

"Well that's cool you're going for coffee with him." Amber smiled trying to get me more enthused. I wasn't exactly jumping up and down, but I guess it would be good to get out of the house, but cool? What did she mean?

"Why?" I asked simply.

"I don't know. I guess just 'cause you don't usually go out, that I know of." She reasoned.

"No, I don't."

"I don't see why not, you're totally beautiful." Jade stepped in, munching on her lunch. The way she said that so casually caught me totally off guard. She noticed my struggle and tried to smile naturally.

"Uhh, th-thanks." I stuttered, not used to compliments. The table had gotten silent and awkward all of a sudden.

"Well have fun with your coffee date, thing." Chris declared, breaking the awkward silents. Well sort of.

After all that I practically slept through the rest of my classes. Noticing that Reid was not here today. I wondered if I was being snoopy by wondering where he was. What? How is that snoopy? Who cares if I wanna know where he is. Not that I wanna know, I mean just like that I gave thought as to where he could be today. Not like it mattered. I think I might need to be put into an insane asylum, for countless reasons. As a starter, I'm pretty sure I'm not human, considering I don't seem to speak their language. That or its a mental problem. Two, I talk to my vicious murderous dog that everyone detests but I swear, he talks to me too. An other because I enjoy reading about people's death and their miseries. I guess if I'm thinking of their miseries then I'm not thinking of my own. Okay, well maybe that one makes a little sense. But that doesn't explain my love for death battles. Oh, how exciting.

I smiled devilishly to myself as I made my way outside the school.

An other reason would be my lack of social skills. I can barely talk to people I've known for years and see everyday. Let alone talk to some random guy I just met and now am going to coffee with. What did I sign myself up for. Oh dear God, save me now.

I seen Lucas walking towards, moments later. I suddenly felt freakin scared. Well, nervous or whatever.

"Hey. Ready?" He shot me a kind smile and nodded towards his car a couple yards away. No. I was totally not ready. This was gonna be so weird.

"Uh, yeah." I said, not looking at his eyes. I couldn't stand eyes on me. Being watched. It was super creepy. I hated knowing people were looking.

"Just gotta call my mom." I said steeling a glance into his eyes. The sun brought out the color even more. I muttered out my sentence then stepped away for a quick second, pulling my phone out of my pocket and dialing my moms cell.

"Corah?" I heard her voice from the other end of the line.

"I'm gonna be home a little later." I say quickly.

"Oh. Uh ok. Are you going out?" She sounded very surprised. Thanks a lot mom.

"Uh sort of."

"Uhm ok see you at home."

"Bye, mom." I hung up cell and walked back over to Lucas. He simply smiled at me and we walked over to his car. It was a fairly nice car. Plain black. But still nice. I don't know cars so I can't specify it any more for you.

He opened the door for me and I got in the car. He got in his seat and drove us out of the school parking lot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

I was in such a rush to publish this I forgot the A/N lol

So sorry for the wait I promise sooner updates from now on.

Plase vote and comment, I love you all. Thanks for reading

You da pumpkinz

Keep it cool kids XP