Chapter 32(Thankful)

Rivi

Rivi decided on Thanksgiving dinner at their new house and Landon convinced her that now was the time for both families to meet. She fought him hard and long but she eventually agreed. They'd all find out sooner or later. Camry told Rivi, after hours of back and forth bickering between their parents, her dad said yes. Aunt Gina and her boyfriend were flying in, Tangela and her now-husband would attend also.

Landon arranged for her to choose between ten dresses on a rack in front of her. She sat on the bed while Landon buttoned the end of his sleeves. Rivi could smell the honey glazed ham and she was now hungry. The chef had the house smelling scrumptious. Rivi decided on a long sleeve, mustard yellow dress, that stopped at mid-thigh. She wore brown thigh-high boots, with a blazer and scarf. Her hair was pulled back into a swooped low bun.

Landon kissed her cheek and took her hand.
"Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be,"She rubbed her belly.

"You look gorgeous." He kissed her hand and then her belly.

"Thank you, Landon. You look handsome." She followed him into the dining room.

Rivi tasted a small piece of ham the chef was kind enough to set aside for her. She was then seated so that when everyone arrived, they wouldn't notice her stomach immediately. The doorbell rang, and in no time their dining room filled up with a guest. Landon's father told him, he and Racheal wouldn't step foot in their new house. They, as in him, wanted nothing to do with Landon and Rivi. Heidi and Connor were in attendance. Although, Rivi was sure neither of them were aware of Rivi's involvement in their dear mother's tragedy.

" You can't stand to greet your parents?" Rivi's mom stood over Rivi.

"Mom how are you? I'm so glad you could make it." She remained seated and her mom looked her over,  suspiciously. " You look different," Her mom studied her further.

Camry walked between the both of them and draped her arms around Rivi, smothering her in a big hug. Rivi's dad stood behind her mother quietly.

"Hey, it looks like you're doing real nice for yourself, you even look like you put on a few pounds." He smiled nervously. Her mom hit his chest. Although, Rivi was sure her mother wondered the same.

"Never comment on a woman's weight." They all laughed. She never thought she see the day again. Landon was now making his way over to them.

"Now, this is what I love to see on thanksgiving. Hello, Rivi's beautiful family. It is so nice to finally meet you all. Welcome." Landon offered her mom his hand but she pulled him in for a tight hug making Rivi and Camry smile at one another.

"Nice to meet you too." She released him and her dad patted Landon's shoulder.

"Thanks for the invite." Her dad, mom, and sister were then seated.

Once everyone was settled in the chef served the food. Everyone said what they were thankful for and all you could hear was smacking and laughter. Landon was at the far end of the table stealing glances at Rivi. This idea actually wasn't so bad.

When dinner was over Landon made his way over to Rivi. " Okay everyone, we didn't just invite you all over here for dinner." Heidi was now looking curious as Connor smiled wickedly wiping the corners of his mouth.

"You know something," She shot him a knowingly stare.

He leaned back. " Possibly," He shrugged.

"Landon reaches for Rivi's hand to help her stand up and the room was now filled with gasping and clapping.