15|Black & White event

🎶 I miss you by Beyoncé 🎶

It was now Saturday and Rivi was waiting for Tangela to pull the pins out of her hair, so her curls could fall. Tangela coated her lips with a maroon lipstick, she put fake eyelashes on her and a soft face of makeup. Rivi wore an all-white halter top dress with fluffy sleeves, it stopped at her mid-thigh. She had to perform at the Henderson's black and white event and she was nervous. She was sure she'd run into Landon since their families were friends.

Rivi decided to invite Tangela as her plus one and she looked gorgeous. Tangela's' hair was in a ponytail with a swoop and side part. Her eyebrows were perfectly arched and her lips were a soft pink. She wore a black and white, pants romper. Tangela reached into her purse and pulled out some gum, she offered Rivi one. They both waited outside for an all-black Rolls Royce. Jenna sent a driver to pick them up. Once inside they had champagne and small refreshments.

"Okay, I like this, we are getting the red carpet treatment and shit." Tangela bit into her strawberry.

Rivi laughed. " This is nice. I thought I wouldn't like Jenna when I first met her, but she seems nice."

"Yeah and so lucky to be Landon's woman. I bet he gives her anything she desires." Tangela grabbed another strawberry.

Rivi drinks her champagne fast. " What makes you think they're dating?"

"She's always with him, they go on family trips together and all. I even heard Sam once talking about Landon needing to go ahead and marry her. I think they have been going steady for eight years or something." Rivi leaned back in her seat.

"That would make them like high school sweethearts, that is so cute." Tangela blabbered on.

"Yes, it is ." Jenna had introduced him as her friend that night at the Chicago Theatre. Maybe they were fighting or something. Wow, so he invites her over for dinner, with the motive to sleep with her. He just wanted sex. Of course he did. What could Rivi offer him? She was living in a hotel, working at a job that paid practically nothing with the cost of living. This night needed to end and fast.

****************

Landon
He stepped out the car and cameras were flashing. Jenna's arm was locked into his. He hated this, pretending he cared to be here with her, when he could only think about Rivi. Rivi? He saw her standing beside Tangela and it felt like someone had knocked the air out his lungs. She took his breath away, he actually couldn't breathe. She smiled as people greeted her and his body felt weak.

"Oh,look there she is." Jenna waved to get Rivi's attention and her eyes looked directly into his soul. He swallowed.

Jenna grabbed Landon's hand and pulled him over to where they were. Jenna wrapped her arms around Rivi's neck and she looked away from Landon, his heart hurt. Jenna also greeted Tangela because they had met before, when he once brought Jenna to the bowling alley.

"Rivi, you remember Landon right?" She quickly looked at him and nodded focusing her attention back on Jenna.

"I do. So where is the man of the house?" Rivi searches the crowd.

"Oh, yes my dad. Come follow me, I will take you to him. Landon sweetie, will you tell the chef that we are getting low on the smoked salmon and cream cheese cucumber bites?" Landon smiled weakly and turned to find the chef.

On his way, he grabbed two beers off the waiters trays and downed them both. Heidi saw him and hurried over to greet him. She had on a long silk black dress and she was pretty, she favored his mom. He hugged her and she smiled.

"What's wrong?" She saw his eyes.

"Nothing, Heidi go enjoy yourself, you look so beautiful." He tried to keep her from reading him.