Go Away (2)

Slight Angst / Fluff

Warning: Mentions of Drug/Alcohol Use, Mentions of Depression and Self Harm

   Ever since the incident with Lucifer months ago, Y/n was spiralling into a hole of depression. Most days, he wouldn't leave his room and Marrie was stuck with her grandmother so often, that Y/n's mother seemed to be raising the little girl. 

What Lucifer did was wrong, but there was an underlying protectiveness there, right? Y/n sighed softly as he decided to sit up, the closed curtains blocking out any sunlight that attempted to break through the window. Y/n heard a knock on his door, and with a raspy voice, he called out. "Come in." A small bundle of brown curls bounded towards the man, jumping on the bed. "Momma! You're awake!" Y/n smiled to himself, pulling his little girl into his arms. 

"Yeah, I am baby. What's up, angel?" The small girl giggled quietly, to which Y/n kept smiling. "Well, grandma said I should come to see you. Daddy is here to see you." Yn's face fell. "Oh... Tell him I'll be dow-" before the male could finish his sentence, Lucifer walked in the room, eyes landing on the two figures on the bed. Y/n averted his gaze. "Hey, Marrie, Baby, can you give us some alone time? maybe go see what Grandma's up to, yeah?" Marrie got up, nodding as she smiled, leaving the two men alone. 

Before a word left Lucifer's mouth, Y/n shifted, turning his back to the brunet. "What are you doing here, Lucifer? I thought I told you to stay away." Lucifer closed the door behind him, turning on the light. "Have you just been keeping yourself locked in here? Alone in the dark?" The younger male didn't respond, and without even speaking a word answered Lucifer's question. 

The taller male sighed as he sat on the edge of the bed furthest from Y/n, not trying to push himself onto the younger male. "Y/n, I've thought about things. over, and over again. What happened, happened, and I regret it deeply because It hurt you, and I hated myself so much for it, I started drinking again.. heavily. I'm so sorry, Y/n. you're my everything, you and Marrie are my world, and if I ever hurt you two like that, I could never live with myself." Tears welled in Y/n's eyes as he sniffled softly, gazing down as his bare ring finger. 

"Y/n... please, come home to me. Every night is so lonely and cold. I barely sleep because I'm not holding you in my arms. The atmosphere is so sad and lonely without yours and Marrie's beautiful laughs filling the house. Y/n... I love you, so much. Please, forgive me, I'm begging for your forgiveness."

The smaller male burst out sobbing, wrapping himself in his blanket. "H-how do you know you won't kill us? H-how do you seem so sure of everything!?" Lucifer inched closer to the small male, eventually wrapping his arms around the other's waist, pulling him close. Y/n didn't fight it and leaned into Lucifer's touch; something he truly missed. Lucifer sighed softly. "Because I did what I did, and I saw the pain you were feeling. I was so scared of leaving you. I don't ever want to see you that hurt, It broke my heart. You're the man I love, and no matter what happened, I would do anything, any damn thing for you, my love." 

Y/n wiped his eyes, letting himself relax in the taller male's arms, rubbing his eyes. "I-I haven't been doing too well either. I've been hurting myself..." the smaller pulled off his hoodie, revealing dark bruises and scars littered across his chest and arms. "And taking meds that aren't prescribed." The younger slipped his hoodie back over his frame, nuzzling into Lucifer's embrace.

"But why...?" Lucifer asked, concerned. Y/n gulped, hiding his face in his sleeve. "I felt like I screwed everything up. That maybe I overreacted, and what I did was wrong and-" Lucifer quieted the male down, pressing his lips up against the other male's. Lucifer went to pull away, thinking that the younger didn't want this just yet, but in fact, it was the opposite.

Y/n pulled Lucifer back into the kiss, his eyes shutting as he let all his emotions pour out. Moments later, when oxygen was needed, the two parted and Y/n let a small smile play on his lips. "I was rambling, wasn't I?" Lucifer nodded, chuckling. "There's nothing for you to feel guilty about, love. It was my doing, and I'm now making up for it. slowly." Y/n sighed softly, slowly entangling their fingers together.

Lucifer held the smaller male's hand in a possessive grip, making the other smile sadly. "There's... a lot I think you need to make up for. But, if you actually work towards making up for what happened..." The brunet nodded. "I know, Love. But, I'm going to work on things, I promise you. Even... even if you don't come back, I'm still going to work on things, for you." Y/n smiled. Maybe, he was being truthful. 

The smaller male hummed softly, leaning further into Lucifer's arms. "I think... I'm willing to give you a chance. But, you have to prove to me that you're actually working on yourself." Lucifer grinned widely. "Yes, Of course, I promise, anything for you." Y/n chuckled softly, cupping Lucifer's face, bringing their lips inches apart. "I missed you, so much, Luci..." Lucifer closed the gap in between them, kissing his love softly. 

Moments later, the two broke apart as Marrie walked in. "Momma? Daddy? Is everything okay?" The small girl played with the end of her shirt, looking up at her two parents. Y/n nodded, holding his arms out for his daughter. She quickly jumped into Y/n's arms, Lucifer holding the both of them close. "Momma, is everything okay? Are we going home?" Y/n's gaze fell on his lover, smiling as he nodded, happy tears pricking at the smaller male's eyes. 

"Yeah baby, we're going home."