30

Y/N POV

I was furious. Okay, that was a total understatement. I was a mix of emotions to say the least. I ran around the tunnels frantically, calling out his name, searching for any sign of him.

But sadly, there was nothing. I had more tears forming in my already-puffy eyes, blurring my vision even more. I eventually gave up in the tunnels and made my way back to its opening. I tossed the axe up and crawled out, or at least I attempted to. The rainwater made the dirt too messy. I sighed in frustration before realizing that I could apparently fly.

"Okay..." I whispered to myself.

I closed my eyes shut tight and held my hands out to the side. I wasn't sure how any of this worked, but I figured that if I concentrated hard enough, I could manage it. I tuned out the rain and pushed down every urge to break down in tears.

"Come on..."

Moments later, I was lifted off the ground. I rose steadily, wobbling only when I got above ground. I moved myself higher up, enough to see over the trees and peered out. The shadow and demogorgons were gone.

I sighed and dropped myself slowly, landing lightly on my feet. I ran full speed back to the barn, trying not to let the pain in my ankle get to me. I grabbed my bike and hurried back outside. I rode around the field for about ten minutes, trying my best not to cry again.

But there was no use. Will was gone, and there was nothing I could do to bring him back.

I decided to go ahead and head back to Castle Byers, not even caring at this point of running into monsters. I walked alongside my bike, too tired to actually ride the bike. The rain lightened up a bit as I walked back and I started to wonder if it only rained when trouble was on the way. I sighed, not really wanting to think or feel anything at the moment.

Like what you feel for Will?

How is it that in just a week, I had managed to fall for a guy only to have him ripped away from my arms slowly and painfully?

Slowly and painfully.

I shook away my thoughts again and kept moving on the path leading into the woods.

Move on, y/n, just move on.

"Oh my- ugh! Would you shut up?" I whisper yelled to myself.

But my brain would not comply; it just kept thinking. The more I thought about my circumstances, the more I wanted to cry, even though I knew it wouldn't help solve anything.

I eventually exited the woods and came back to the playground across the street. I sighed as I passed by my house, realizing that I had barely even been in it. But the thought of sleeping in a bed was no longer important to me.

I sighed again as I walked past the houses, past the streets, past Benny's. I had been walking for at least twenty minutes, my steps short and slow. I only stopped when I was on Mirkwood passing Hawkins Laboratory.

"What in the hell?"

I peered through the metal gate. It was only then that I realized that the sky was back to a blueish-gray. There was, however, a huge maroon and black cloud towering over the lab. I felt my cheeks grow hot with anger as I walked into the area. Every bone in my body told me not to, that I had no business left with those creatures, but even so, I walked on.

I walked up to the door of the large building, debating whether or not this was really something I wanted to bring back up. I was brought out of my thoughts by the growling of a demogorgon.

"I just had to walk in," I sighed as I turned around.

It stood across from me, growling lowly.

"Hey ugly!" I yelled at it. "Listen to me and listen good. I'm stuck here, and Will is gone, so I have nothing left to lose."

I could feel my face getting hotter and hotter with each word.

"With that being said, it would be greatly appreciated if you all just left me alone. I absolutely do not want to be here and I sure as hell do not want to help you, so do not fuck with me."

Growl. (I don't think you have much of a choice.)

"No?"

I walked forward, letting the creature know that I didn't plan on backing down. I turned to see two more demogorgons behind me, trying to grab me.

"Shit!"

I ran forward only to be pulled back at the last second. The first one grabbed me by the strap of my overalls. I began to kick and scream, attempting to wriggle out of the monster's grasp. It had a hold of my shirt as well and the neckline was starting to choke me.

"Stop... please," I choked out.

I started to scream louder than ever.

Growl. (You said you'd close the gate.)

"I... said... no!"

All of a sudden, I felt a wave of energy expel from my body and was sent flying backwards. I hit my back on one of the wooden telephone poles in the area. I lay there for a moment, trying to catch my breath. My ears rung and my head was pounding. I looked up and saw that the demogorgons were flung back too, all of them seemed immobile and hadn't made a sound.

I staggered as I stood, a hand to my head and my ears still ringing. I looked around to take in my surroundings. The front of the building was completely destroyed. All of the glass was shattered and on the ground. The exterior looked like it was crushed in and rubble surrounded the entire entrance.

I stumbled to the opening in the gate. As I crawled through, I caught a glimpse of the clouds that hung over the lab. They were now a bright, pale red, different from its usual, much darker color. I looked back over to the lab's entrance in disbelief.

"I did that?"

I limped to my bike and grabbed the handle bars tightly. I walked all the way back to Castle Byers. I dropped my bike on the ground, crawled inside the small fort, and collapsed on the make-shift pallet.

I thought about everything that had just happened. I looked at the remaining snacks on the table and shook my head in disgust. My body still felt hunger, though I had absolutely no appetite. How could I though? How could I possibly eat when my life had fallen in ruins?

At that moment I decided to let it all out; there was now no reason to try and keep up a strong facade.

Flashbacks of the past week kept popping into my head. Every thought about Will made my heart break into more pieces than it was already in. Will and I had been through hell and back... and every time I tried to help, every single attempt at trying to save him and myself, had all been in vain.

All of it... for nothing.

Will Byers had vanished, and I couldn't get back into Hawkins Laboratory. Which meant that either way, neither of us were getting to go back home.

I closed my eyes tightly, letting the sound of the light rain outside take over my ears. I just wanted all of this to be over. I reached over and grabbed something off of the small table: the Spider-Man Comic I'd been reading when I first got here. I hugged the book to my chest as the downpour coaxed me to a somewhat soothing feeling.

I didn't want to, but I was starting to get sleepy. I continued to cry until my body couldn't handle anymore tears. I drifted off reluctantly into a deep sleep. As my system commanded me to sleep, and I did so, I heard a voice inside my head call out to me. It spoke in a calm, yet warning tone; it sounded so much like Will's. The voice said something that set my mind to somewhat of an ease:

"Y/n, I'm coming back for you. Just, please... hold on."