1

Y/N POV

"Bye y/n, see you tomorrow. And don't forget to study!"

"I won't, bye," I waved goodbye to my science teacher as I left class at the sound of the bell.

I was the last one to leave, so the halls were already packed with students ready to get to their next period. I had stopped by my locker to grab my English book when someone came up and slam my locker shut. I sighed, not looking up, and simply reopened my locker. I already knew who it was.

"What do you want, Troy? Don't you have class to get to?" I sighed.

"No, I'm skipping," he joked.

"Wow, so cool," I said sarcastically.

I closed my locker and looked up. Troy was leaning on the locker next to mine with his arms crossed.

"Where's your little goony, James? Has he already ditched you?"

"Nah, he's around somewhere. He's probably taking some kid's lunch money," he said.

"Why do you guys have to be such bullies? These kids never did anything to you," I said with an annoyed look.

Troy just shook his shoulders. I started to walk to my next class and Troy followed me. I sort of hated him, he was such a mouth breather, but I was also stuck with him. My older sister Rachel was dating his older brother Ross. I felt Troy's eyes on me and turned to him.

"Get. To. Class," I point in the other direction, stopping in the middle of the hallway.

"Fine. Later, dork." I just rolled my eyes and kept walking to English.

**Time Skip**

The bell had just rung, and I was lightning bolt fast out that door, trying to avoid seeing Troy. I was moving so fast, I completely knocked down a kid.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I'm just kind of in a rush," I say helping the small boy to his feet.

"No, it's fine. I'm alright."

He looked vaguely familiar, but I wasn't sure where I knew him from.

"Hey, um, were you always in this period?" I asked him.

"What? Oh, no. My schedule got changed, so I'm in here now," he responded.

"Cool. Well, um I'm y/n. Y/n l/n," I said.

"Oh, ok. My name's Will Byers."

"Nice to meet you, Will Byers," I say with a smile.

I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, too," he smiled back.

Will and I kept talking and walked out together. We stopped at each of our lockers to put away our stuff. Surprisingly, his locker wasn't too far from my own. Will was short and seemed shy, and he had a bowl haircut. I could've sworn I'd seen him somewhere before. Will and I were so busy introducing ourselves that I had completely forgotten about Troy.

"Hey, my friends and I are part of the school's AV Club," Will had mentioned.

"Really? That's pretty cool," I said.