10

MIKE POV

"Will was our best friend. Sorry... is our best friend. I mean he's probably fine, right? He probably just got lost in the woods somewhere... We can't just leave him out there, though. I mean, we have to look for him!"

The guys and I were all in my basement. Dustin and I watched as Lucas paced around the basement, ranting about everything going on with Will and how we should be allowed to help look for him. We all agreed, but our parents had us pretty much on lockdown. In fact, the only way they could come over was because their parents dropped them off.

"Well I think we should go look for him. I mean if something's happened to Will we deserve to know. Right? And if anything he'd want us to find him, right?"

"Lucas shut up!" they both looked at me, a look of confusion and worry painted on their faces, "I don't need to be convinced anymore, I'm in. Alright, we just... have to not get caught."

"Yeah, me too," Dustin chimed in. "I'm in."

The two boys smiled as we came up with a plan. They would have their parents to come pick them up then they'd get supplies and sneak back here.

"Great. We have a plan, now we go save Will," Lucas said as we started toward the stairs.

"Wait!" Dustin exclaimed. "What about y/n?"

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°

Y/N POV

"Will? Will!"

I had made it to Mirkwood and started to bike up the outskirts of the woods. I had gotten dark pretty fast, so I had to turn on my bike light. I got tired of pedaling back and forth and decided to go into the woods. I walked my bike around, making sure to steer my light in the direction I was walking.

"Hello?" I yelled. "Will where are you? Will?"

I searched around for a while until it was almost pitched black out. I knew my parent had figured out I was gone by now, whether Troy snitched or not, but I couldn't give up on Will. Not when I was the only one who knew what really might've happened to him.

"Will Byers? Will Byers, you out there?"

"Y/n! Hello y/n, do you copy?"

I heard a muffled voice from inside my duffel bag, which sat in the basket on the back of my bike. I set my bike against a nearby tree and dropped my bag to the ground. I shuffled around the stuff in my bag until I found my walkie-talkie.

"H-hello? Will?"

"Y/n! Guys, we've got them," Dustin screamed to the others, "okay so listen, we decided to go out and look for Will, but we'd have to seek out; our parents pretty much have us in prison until this is all over."

"Okay?" I waited for him to go on.

"So do you wanna come with us, to look for Will on Mirkwood?"

"Um..."

I mentally debated on whether or not to tell them. I decided against lying to them. I had done that enough already.

"Uh, guys... I'm sorta kinda already out here."

It was silent for a moment on their end, but eventually Dustin said, "Great! That's great, we'll meet you at the end of the road then?"

I nodded, but then realized they couldn't see me.