20

WILL POV

I smiled and rolled over on my palate in Castle Byers, letting sleep take over as my mind went to a place where I felt completely secure. When I woke up, I felt different. I felt happy. Not just because of what happened last night, but because I woke up in a safe and familiar place. I was in my room lying down on my bed. I was back home. The bright sun warmed my face from behind my curtains. A knock at my door startled me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, come in?"

"Hey. Oh, good you're already awake!"

It was my mom. She rushed over to the side of my bed and hugged me. At first, I was too shocked to react, but I wrapped my arms around her and hugged back.

"Oh, I'm so happy you're alive. You're alive, I knew it."

"Yeah. I missed you."

"I missed you too, sweetie," she pulled out of the hug and cupped the sides of my face, "my baby boy... you're all right."

"Mom?"

"Yeah, sweetie?"

"How'd I get here? What happened?"

"Y/n brought you home yesterday. They said that you guys were together when you went missing, that you both took care of each other."

"Oh, yeah. Y-y/n, they're my friend. We met at school."

"Oh?" she grinned at me. "A new friend?"

"Yeah."

"Well, why don't you get ready for breakfast, and we can talk about everything. I'll go wake Jonathan."

"Okay." I smiled, running my hands through my hair. "Hey, mom?"

"Yes, honey?"

"What day is it?"

She looked a little confused.

"It's Saturday, November eleventh."

"Oh. Okay."

My mom nodded and I sighed as she left the room. I was back. Back in the real Hawkins, back at my house, back in my own room, back with my family. I plopped back down on my bed and smiled at the thought of y/n. They did it, they got us back home. I needed to talk to them.

"Y/n, do you copy?" I grabbed my walkie and turned to our station. "Y/n this is Will, do you copy?"

It was silent for moment before something came through.

"Will?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Listen, I can't talk right now, but meet me at the playground in half an hour. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Alright. Later, Byers."

"Bye, l/n."

I turned off my walkie-talkie and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face and even put on a bit of Jonathan's cologne. I was sure he wouldn't mind since he only used it for special occasions.

"Morning, guys."

Jonathan, who was already seated and shaking his leg nervously, shot up out of the chair. He ran up to me and threw his arms around me.

"I'm so glad you're back. I love you!"

"I love you too."

We sat down and ate and I told my mom and Jonathan, vaguely, about what happened to me and y/n. I wasn't sure if I wanted them to know everything. My mom said that she'd schedule a checkup appointment with the doctor, so they could make sure that I was okay.