27

Y/N POV

"Will? Will are you in here?"

I had made it to the barn and was looking around for Will. It was still raining outside and mud had formed on the ground, meaning I tracked some in from my (used to be) white Chucks.

"Will..." I called out. "Will are you in here?"

I sighed, knowing that there was a slim chance he was in there. I leaned my bike against one of the pillars and climbed to the hayloft in the barn, setting my stuff down on the pile of old hay I found lying there. I took off my jacket and plopped down on the hay.

I was tired and sad and it was pouring outside. Saving Will and my plan to escape was going to have to wait. I let the sound of the harsh rain calm me down as my mind drifted off.

I was almost fully sleep until I heard a noise come from outside. A scream. I heard it again and realized who it was.

It was Will.

"Will!" I jumped up and grabbed my shoes. "Will hold on!"

I leaped down from the platform, surprisingly landing on both feet rather lightly. Grabbing my bike, I rushed outside and into the pouring rain. I biked around the side of the barn. I gasped, nearly toppling over when I saw what was on the other side.

A field covered in thick vines lay out in front of me. I saw lightning raging from beyond the trees.

"Will? Will where are you?"

Another scream was heard from in the distance. I pedaled off quickly in its direction. It was rather difficult to bike around as the ground was wet and muddy and cover in large puddles. The vines didn't help much either.

Eventually the pleading cries ceased. I pedaled faster, more determined than ever to find Will Byers.

Suddenly, I was falling. I fell down a hole that certainly wasn't there before. I landed at the bottom of a puddle, my bike crashing down on top of me. I laid there for a moment, trying to catch my breath as the bike knocked some of the wind out of me. I pushed the bike off of me, struggling a little as I did so, and stood up.

I glanced up looking at the dark sky still pouring above the huge hole in the ground. I also noticed that there were tunnels underground, vines running in and out of the dirt walls. This place definitely gave me the creeps.

"Will?" I coughed.

"Y/n..." I head a voice call out weakly.

"Will! Will it's me, where are you?"

I ran around the tunnels looking and listening for any sign of him.

"Will? C'mon where are you?"

I heard a muffled voice call out from the other direction.

"Y/n, h-help."

"Will just hold on, okay? I'm gonna find you!"

I kept running in the direction of his voice.

"Will you gotta keep talking to me, okay. I'm going to help you and we're going to escape."

But he was silent. I started to panic and the thought of losing Will began to cloud my mind. A few twists and turns later, I stumbled upon a person covered in the vines and being held to the wall.

"Will!" I gasped.

I ran over to him attempting to pull the vines loose.

"Y-y/n..."

I looked at him with teary eyes. I gasped again, realizing that there was a small imprint of a ring around his face. Angry and sad and desperate, I pulled the knife out of my pocket and started cutting away at the vines. I only managed to cut off a few of them before more started growing back and wrapping themselves around him.

"Let go of him!" I yelled, pulling at the snake-like plants. "Please!"

"Y-y/n," I looked back up. "Just go. Get- get out of h-here."

"What? No, I'm not leaving you behind. Either I go with you, or I don't go at all!"

I was fully crying at this point, my sobs mixing with the angry, pleading words coming out of my mouth.

"Please, go... it-it'll get you... the monster."

"No! I can't just... I won't leave you. I can't, Will I-"

I was cut off by a pair of lips crashing into mine. I kissed him back, but quickly pulled away.

"Will I ca-"

"I love you."

"I love you too... but I'm not leaving you."

I pulled at the vines, tears rolling down my cheeks. Will looked into my eyes almost pleadingly. I sighed, but nodded in return.

"I'll be back, okay?" I whispered. "I promised you, okay? I'm gonna get us back home."