6

DUSTIN POV

Today was the day of Mike's campaign, which was perfect timing because we just met y/n. They're like... tOtAlLy TuBuLaR.

And apparently I wasn't the only one who thought so.

Will is usually calm and more open around us, but ever since he met y/n, he's been shy and awkward. He's obviously acting weird because he likes them, so Lucas and I are gonna try to get them together. Lucas and I planned to go over to Mike's early because we had something very important to tell him.

"Mom... Mom!"

"Yes, Dusty?" she called from the living room.

"Where are my pudding cups? The ones I put in here last week..."

"Oh! I put them in the fridge. They're supposed to be refrigerated, Dusty, or they get old fast."

"Okay. Thanks, Mom!"

I closed the pantry and opened up the fridge to see my precious food. I grabbed and threw them all into my backpack.

"Bye, Mom! I'm headed to Lucas'."

"Ah, ah, ah! Aren't you forgetting something?"

My mother's words made me stop in my tracks. What did I forget? Hat? Check! Pudding? Check! Assortment of Comics? Check! I patted myself down and turned to my mom in confusion. She tapped her cheek expectantly and my face lit up in realization. I rushed over to her and give her a quick peck on the cheek. I pet Mews, who was napping in my mom's lap, and rushed out the door.

"Bye Dusty!" she waved after me as I shut the door.

I biked over to Lucas' house where he was already waiting for me on his front porch.

"You ready?" I asked as I rode up to him.

He nodded and grabbed his bike. We biked all the way to the playground down the block. The same playground we stopped at with y/n the first day we met them.

"So did you bring the comics?"

I held up the comics he asked me to bring and nodded.

"Good."

I pulled out a 3 Musketeers and started to devour it. Lucas just glared at me then rolled his eyes.

"Hey, stop judging me, I'm hungry!" I defended.

"Whatever. Just make sure you have all the comics and the snacks."

"Check and check."

Lucas rolled his eyes at me again. We discussed our secret plan to get Will and y/n together. A plan that would start in exactly two and half weeks. Why we decided on that specifically, I wasn't sure, but we needed to give y/n and Will more time to get to know each other. Plus, they were new to the party, so we had to make sure we could trust them. I really hoped we can trust them.

**Time Skip**

We made it to Mike's house ten minutes early. We had decided to include Mike in this plan, so we had to fill him in before they both got here.

"Guys, I don't think Will even likes them."

"Wanna bet? Have you seen how flustered and awkward he gets when they're around?" Lucas said.

"He's like that all the time around new people," Mike retorted.

"Yes, but they're not just any new person. They're really cool, and they like hanging out with us," I added.

"Well even if he does like them, it's his love life. We shouldn't be messing with it. And what if y/n doesn't like him back? Huh? What are we gonna do with a brokenhearted Will. I mean there are so many things wrong with this plan."

"Oh, Mike," I sighed, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Sometimes your complete and total obliviousness just blows my mind."

Both of the guys roll their eyes at me.

"Ten bucks says Will likes y/n and 10 more says they like him too," I put a twenty dollar bill on the table.

"Fine, fine!" Mike put his hands up in surrender.

"Mike! Mike, Will and y/n are here!" Mrs. Wheeler called from the top of the stairs.

"Just send them down here, Mom!" Mike yelled back.

"Alright!"

Just then he had finished setting up the game.

"Show time ladies," Lucas clapped.