14

WILL POV

"Y/n let's go," I whispered.

I threw my leg over the bike and sat down, but y/n had stopped. They let go of my hand and turned to faced to old building. Y/n looked as if they recognized or remembered something.

"Y/n? You okay?"

They seemingly broke out of their trance and smiled softly, "Uh, y-yeah... I'm fine. We should go."

I nodded, and they sat on the passenger's seat, throwing their arms around my waist. We got to Castle Byers and ate whatever was left of the granola bars, having no luck with food from Benny's. We agreed that raiding the grocery store would be a better option, but decided to wait in case there were any monsters searching for us.

"What's that?" I asked y/n, who held some piece of paper in their hand.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just a piece of old newspaper I found at Benny's."

"Cool, what does it say?"

"Um, nothing really, it's just and old picture and heading. But it looks so familiar..."

Y/n handed me the paper. It was a picture of a lady with dirty blonde hair. I gave it back to them and shrugged.

"I dunno, I've never seen her before..."

"Figures..."

"Yeah," I chuckled.

They suddenly stood up and walked towards the entrance of Castle Byers.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked.

"I need to pee," they replied.

"Oh, okay. Be careful."

They nodded and quietly stepped outside. We knew staying in a house would be a lot more convenient than staying in a fort made of sticks in the middle of the woods, but we figured Castle Byers was a lot safer. Both of our encounters with the monster happened in our homes. They knew where we lived, and if the monsters wanted to come looking for us, we were sure those would be the first places they'd check.

I glanced around Castle Byers and spotted the newspaper picture. I picked it back up and examined it closely. It was a picture of the woman, maybe in her late twenties. The heading said:

TERRY IVES SUING
'They took my daughter'

I sighed and picked up another comic, this one a Green Lantern issue. It had been about ten minutes and y/n was still not back.

"Jeez, how long does it take y/n to pee..." I said sarcastically before getting up. "They've been out there forever."

I walked outside, covering my eyes as I made my way from behind the sheet.

"Y/n? You out here?" I called out. "Y/n? You've been gone a while are you... okay?"

Nothing.

"Listen, my eyes are closed, I'm not peeking. You can come out now!"

Still, it was silent.

I removed my hand from my face and looked around. Crap! They were anywhere to be found. What if the monster got them? Suddenly, I heard a scream from behind me.

"Y/n?"

I ran in the direction of the scream when I heard it again.

"Y/n!"

"Will, help!"

"Y/n? Where are you?"

"I'm over here!"