25

Y/N POV

"C'mon, Will..." I whispered to myself. "Answer the damn radio."

But he never did. I sighed, assuming the worst had happened, stood up from my chair and left.

Growl. (You can't leave again.)

"Listen," I said plainly. "I don't think that I can help you. I wish I could, I really do, but I can't. I just need to find my friend, so we can get back home. You know, the place where everyone we love and care for is."

Growl! (But you have to close the gate!)

"I don't care anymore, I didn't open the gate and I sure as hell don't know how to close it!"

One of the demogorgons pulled me back by the arm, making me yank it away and keep walking.

Growl! (The boss isn't going to like this!)

Growl! (You have to help us!)

"No!" I turned around yelled at the two.

If looks could kill, those demogorgons would be six feet under. I spun on my heels and ran down the stairs, heading straight for the elevator. At that point I didn't even care about the monsters, or the gate, or their threats. They were the least of my worries, I needed to find Will Byers. I pressed the button in the elevator and waited for it to move.

When I made it to the surface I walked out of the elevator, noticing that I was no longer in pain. I looked down, pulling up the leg to my overalls, and saw that my leg had almost completely healed and the swelling in my ankle had gone down all the way. I made a silent cheer of relief in my mind as I rolled my pant leg back down and kept walking towards the gate.

I walked across the front of the lab, ignoring the crowds of demogorgons growling at me. I stopped in my tracks, suddenly remembering that there was a vending machine on the third floor of the main building, as stated on the map.

I ran into the building and into the stairwell. I wandered around the third floor until I found the vending machine, feeling barely any pain in my leg.

"Well no shit, y/n. You need money to use the damn vending machine," I facepalmed myself.

An idea popped into my head and I quickly went into the next room to grab a chair. I came back to the vending machine, bracing myself for impact, and with all my strength, lifted the chair over my head and flung it forwards. As I expected, the glass broke, sending a few small shards flying to the ground.

But hey, it worked!

Managing not to cut myself on any glass this time, I grabbed a few bags of Lays Potato Chips, two cans of Coca-Cola, and the rest of the Airhead Xtreme Sour Candy strips. I stuffed everything into my hoodie and overall pockets and made my way back to the stairs.

I knew I had to hurry if my plan was going to work. Whoever or whatever was in charge here was going to be very upset. I had to hurry if I wanted to get Will and escape.

I rushed down the last flight of stairs with no hesitation, making sure my movements were steady so the soda wasn't shaken up. When I got to the first floor, I felt myself get a bit dizzy. I grabbed a hold of the front desk, my knuckles hurting from the grip I held. It only lasted for a minute or so, but my head hurt with and intensity I'd never felt before.