23

WILL POV

Damn it! Y/n's radio died and I couldn't find my own. I sighed and slumped against the branch wall of Castle Byers. I grabbed another Twinkie from the box and stuffed the whole thing in my mouth.

"Now all I can do is sit here and get fat."

I was reaching for more of the fatty snack cakes when I heard a noise. However, this noise was different. It wasn't like any of the monsters' growling.

"He-hello?"

I crept to the entrance of my fort, peeking from behind the sheet covering. Another growl was heard, but I couldn't see anything. I crawled outside and slowly stood up, searching the view for what it was.

"Who's there?!"

No one answered. I circled Castle Byers to be sure there was nothing lurking around. I sighed, hesitantly deciding it was probably just the wind, only to realize that there was no wind blowing.

"Y-y/n? Is that you?"

Then I heard it again. I walked slowly towards the sound. Though I couldn't see anything because the sky seemed to get darker and more foggy as I continued.

"Hello? Is anyone out th-?"

I was cut off mid-sentence by a growing shadow that appeared to swoop over the sky's horizon. It seemed to go after me, it's long, tentacle-like arms reaching down towards me. I gasped, turning on my heels and sprinting back to Castle Byers.

It started to rain then, and once I made it back to Castle Byers, I turned back to see the shadow figure was gone. I sighed, now soaked because of the heavy downpour. I crawled back into my corner, curling up into a ball and hugging my knees to my chest. I turned over a bit and looked at the floor. I started to cry again. I was completely terrified and had no hope of getting back home.

I cried a little harder until my head began to hurt. I felt like such a crybaby, but I was scared for my life nearly every second of being down there. I thought I was going to pass out from the headache when I heard another noise. It wasn't a demogorgon, and it wasn't the shadow creature.

"Will?" I heard a soft voice whisper.

The girl paused and placed her arm on my shoulder.

"Your mom... s-she's coming for you." she stated.

"Hurry," was all I could mutter.

"Ju-just hold on uh-a l-little longer. Will. Will?" she shook my shoulders.

"I'm trying," I tried to tell her.

But then, all at once, the girl disappeared, like a slow puff of smoke. I coughed a little, feeling my throat become dry and hoarse. I started to cry again until sleep washed over me, commanding my body to enter power saving mode.

But even as I fell asleep, I couldn't get the girl's words out of my head:

"Your mom, she's coming for you..."

What about y/n? What about them trying to get us back home? Did they have something to do with this? Did they even know?

I wanted, more than anything, to be back home with my family and friends, but I couldn't just leave y/n here. I couldn't leave the one person who had stuck with me this whole time. The only person who got stuck while trying to help me.

"Will... Will?" I heard a voice sing out.

I rubbed my eyes, lifting my head to see y/n sitting next to me.

"Y/n!"

I quickly sat up and wrapped my arms around y/n, squeezing them in a tight hug.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're okay," I breathed out.