21

WILL POV

"So what did you wanna talk about?"

"Okay, so remember when I told you when I can feel what the monsters feel?"

"Yeah, of course, that was only, like, eight hours ago." I said sarcastically.

"Shut up." they replied. "Also, apparently they're demogorgons, you know, like from Dungeons & Dragons. Anyways, I asked them why they wanted me to close the gate. They didn't really specify, but I think that there's something bigger going on."

"What do you mean exactly?"

"I mean, there's something else out there. Another monster, but bigger and badder."

"So like their leader?"

"Exactly!"

"What do you think it is?"

"I don't know, but I also mentioned Terry Ives, from the newspaper clipping, and they seemed to recognize her name, but they wouldn't tell me anything."

"You sound so excited." I laughed at them.

"Duh! I love a good mystery! I mean that's why I came looking for you." y/n rambled on.

"Okay, whatever." I scoffed playfully.

"Well, that and you're one of my only friends. Not to mention you currently, like, my favorite person. And speaking of friends, have you been able to contact anyone back home?"

I internally debated on telling y/n about the dream I had, but quickly decided against it.

"No. You?"

"No, but don't worry, we'll get out of here. Together."

"I'm glad you believe so."

"Don't you trust me?"

"Of course not! I would never trust a demogorgon," I joked.

"Oh, come on, you know I'm not a demogorgon. You're just jealous because I have cool super powers and you don't."

"Powers?"

"Yeah, like how I can connect with the demogorgons."

"Right," I nodded as if they could see me.

"Oh!" they exclaimed. "Also, I forgot to mention that those vines that cover, like, every square inch of this place are somehow connected to the monsters. So don't step on them or cut them or burn them."

"Because it hurts them?"

"Yes, exactly."

"Don't worry, y/n, I would never want to hurt you. Even is you are one of the demogorgons now."

"Oh, whatever."

"Relax, I'm just messing with you."

"You better be."

I heard a growl in the background.

"Shit. Will, I have to go, but I'll talk to you later. Okay?"

"Alright, bye, l/n."

"Later, Byers."

I turned off the radio and walked outside. I figured that since the demogorgons were focused on y/n, it'd be less of a risk for me to wander around outside. I walked along the path to my house. When I got there, I had a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. As I reached for the door knob I held my breath. I walked inside and felt my heartbeat quicken.

It was still the same as back in the real Hawkins. I walked around, lightly tracing my fingers along the surface of my dining table as I passed it. I looked around at the lights strung up throughout the whole house. They had appeared a few days before when my mom tried to use them to talk to me.

I glanced at the giant whole in the wall in the living room. That was my mom's doing too. She was telling me that they were trying so hard to find me. As much as I wanted to go home, I didn't want my family or friends to get involved. I tried to warn her, I told her to run.

The monsters might not be able to hurt me or y/n yet, but I figured it was only a matter of time before they didn't need us anymore.

"I miss you guys so much," I exclaimed sadly as I passed a picture of me, Mom, and Jonathan.

I walked into my mom's room, sighing roughly.

"I really miss you, mom."

I sat on her bed, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. I hated every minute that I was stuck down here and not with my family. Of course, I had y/n, but they were gone in Hawkins Lab. I still missed everyone else back home. I curled up into a ball under the comforter on her bed. Occasionally, thunder would boom and the sky would crackle with red lightning. I let myself cry, I wasn't sleepy, but I had nothing else to do.

"I wanna go home," I sobbed to myself. "I really, really wanna go home."

I laid in my mom's bed, silently sobbing into the pillow for half an hour. That was until I heard a noise come from the living room.

"H-hello?"

I slowly peeled the blanket off of me and got up from the bed, wiping the tears from my face.

"Y/n? I-is that you? Is it a demogorgon?"

There was no verbal answer. I heard the noise again, only it sounded louder. I crept back into the living room, uncertain if I really wanted to know what it was.

"Mom? Jonathan?"

The Christmas lights and table lamp in the hallway began to flicker.

"Hello?"

I spun around frantically, trying to figure out what was setting the lights off.

"Mom? Mom! Is that you? It's me, Will! I'm here. I'm here Mom!"

I began to yell in every direction at nothing in particular.

"Please!" I begged. "I'm here, Mom. It's me!"

The lights stopped.

"No..." I sobbed. "No, no, no, no, no!"

I ran over to the phone on our wall, hoping that someone could hear me. I punched in our home phone number, hoping my mom would pick up again, like last time, but all I could hear was the sound of the dial tone.

"Damn it!" I screamed, slamming the phone down.

I sunk down to the floor, my back against the wall and my face hidden in my hands.

"I just wanna go home," I cried.